You entered 'Search'. Please enter another search term.
Date: October 18, 2006
EATON SUPPORTS THE COMMUNITY WITH $40,000 GRANT TO AREA ORGANIZATIONS
MOON TOWNSHIP, PENN. … Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation announced today it has donated $40,000 to support local community organizations in the greater Pittsburgh area. The grant will be used to sustain various activities and programs benefiting citizens throughout the region.
"Eaton is dedicated to responsible corporate citizenship," said Nick Vincent, HR manager, Eaton’s Pittsburgh campus. "We strive to build positive partnerships with agencies that provide support to our community’s needs."
Funding recipients include:
• Hosanna Industries - $5,000 to support its work to build new homes in three to-five days for low-income families who can receive financial assistance from a local lender.
• Junior Achievement - $5,000 for aiding the support of youth education in the Western Pennsylvania region.
• Lutheran Service Society - $10,000 to help fund its Meals on Wheels program, food and nutritional service programs, and housing for low-income seniors.
• National Multiple Sclerosis Society - $10,000 toward its client service programs such as direct counseling; financial assistance and equipment to persons with multiple sclerosis; wellness programs including exercise and aquatics; and ongoing support groups.
• Three Rivers Adoption Council - $5,000 to augment its work as the region’s central resource for adoption information and referral services, support and education.
• Young Men and Women’s African Heritage Association - $5,000 to assist with its work to provide educational, recreational, cultural and social services programs to children and their families.
• Earlier this year, Eaton donated $10,000 to support the Pittsburgh Opera.
Eaton’s Pittsburgh campus serves as the headquarters for Eaton's electrical business and employs approximately 815 employees. Eaton's electrical business is a global leader in electrical control, power distribution, and industrial automation products and services. Through advanced product development, world-class manufacturing methods, and global engineering services and support, Eaton's electrical business provides customer-driven solutions under brand names such as Cutler-Hammer®, Powerware®, Durant®, Heinemann®, Holec® and MEM®, which globally serve the changing needs of the industrial, utility, light commercial, residential, and OEM markets.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified industrial manufacturer with 2005 sales of $11.1 billion. Eaton is a global leader in electrical systems and components for power quality, distribution and control; fluid power systems and services for industrial, mobile and aircraft equipment; intelligent truck drivetrain systems for safety and fuel economy; and automotive engine air management systems, powertrain solutions and specialty controls for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has 60,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 125 countries.