Date: March 26, 2007
Eaton Corporation Introduces New Powerware 9395 Uninterruptible Power System For Large Mission-Critical Applications
PITTSBURGH … Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation announced today the introduction of the new Powerware 9395 275-550 kVA uninterruptible power system (UPS) to meet the current and future power protection requirements of data centers, manufacturing operations, medical facilities and other large system applications.
The Powerware 9395 is a three-phase, double-conversion, online UPS that delivers the highest reliability and availability for large, mission-critical systems by integrating the capabilities of a redundant multi-module UPS system into an integrated, pre-wired solution. The system operates at an industry-leading 95 percent efficiency, and offers the smallest footprint and lowest weight of any UPS in its class.
The Powerware 9395 features a scalable architecture that grows with customers to address changing power requirements. The system is designed to be field upgradeable for capacity or redundancy. In an era where data center loads change quickly, a 275 kVA system can be upgraded on-site to 550 kVA or even to an N+1 275 redundant system.
“We have raised the industry standard for large system performance and, with its capability to be configured as a completely redundant system, the Powerware 9395 is ideal for large data centers, medical facilities, or any enterprise with a critical load that must operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year,” said Michael Doggett, senior product manager with Eaton Corporation’s Power Quality Solutions operation.
Unlike many other commercially available UPS technologies, the Powerware 9395 completely isolates output power from all input power anomalies through its double-conversion design. The system delivers 100 percent conditioned, perfect sine-wave output, regulating both voltage and frequency. Even if presented with the most severe power problems, power output remains stable and in the event of a power failure, there is no delay transferring to backup power.
Powerware 9395 features include:
• System Design – The innovative design of the Powerware 9395 delivers a performance combination of efficiency, input current distortion and power factor. Higher system efficiency generates electrical energy savings and produces cooler operating conditions, which reduce facility air conditioning costs and life extension of the UPS components.
• Pre-wired Installation – Multi-module systems arrive pre-wired in an integrated system so inter-unit cabling is not required. Cabling can enter the UPS from either the top or bottom of the cabinet to provide easy and flexible installation.
• Service Design – New concurrent service features allow the Powerware 9395 to be serviced while one of the redundant modules carries the load. The UPS removes the burden of placing critical loads on utility bypass while a power module is being serviced.
• Advanced Software - The Powerware 9395 integrates seamlessly into Eaton’s Power Xpert Architecture, a Web-based solution for measuring, monitoring, connecting and managing power systems. The architecture helps an enterprise proactively manage its power system as a strategic, integrated asset, thus achieving a competitive advantage.
• Advanced Battery Management (ABM®) technology – Increases battery service life resulting in more uptime and fewer battery replacements.
• Service and Support – Every Powerware 9395 includes a 24x7x365 on-site startup from factory-trained technicians to insure proper installation, operation and training.
The Powerware 9395 will be available this April in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The system is scheduled for availability in North America in June 2007. For additional information on the Powerware 9395, visit www.powerware.com/9395. To learn more about Eaton’s complete line of Powerware products and service portfolio, visit our Web site at www.powerware.com.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader in electrical control, power distribution, uninterruptible power supply and industrial automation products and services. Eaton’s global electrical brands, including Cutler-Hammer® , Powerware®, Holec® and MEM®, provide customer-driven PowerChain™ Management solutions to serve the power system needs of the industrial, institutional, government, utility, commercial, residential, IT, mission critical and OEM markets worldwide.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified industrial manufacturer with 2006 sales of $12.4 billion. Eaton is a global leader in electrical systems and components for power quality, distribution and control; fluid power systems and services for industrial, mobile and aircraft equipment; intelligent truck drivetrain systems for safety and fuel economy; and automotive engine air management systems, powertrain solutions and specialty controls for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has 61,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 125 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.