Date: June 22, 2006
Eaton Introduces Fleet Resource Manager for Improved Fleet Efficiency and Productivity
KALAMAZOO, MI. - Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation has introduced the Fleet Resource Manager, providing fleets with enhanced levels of communications, productivity and efficiency.
Fleet Resource Manager is a subscription-based fleet management optimization tool that can be tailored to fit the unique needs of any truck fleet. With Fleet Resource Manager, fleets are given the option to either subscribe to selected individual services, or to choose from customized packages that are tailored toward specific vocations. By subscribing to the different services of the system, fleets are able to streamline daily activities for drivers and dispatchers by minimizing — or even eliminating — manual tasks and paperwork for more effective mobile resource management.
Developed through the recently formed alliance between Eaton Corporation and @Road, Inc., the Fleet Resource Manager leverages the @Road AppSmart™ on-demand mobile resource management platform, now available to medium-duty and heavy-duty fleet operators through the Roadranger Marketing organization.
Key features of the Fleet Resource Manager, along with future offerings from the Vehicle Solutions product line, include on-demand GPS-based location intelligence, real-time vehicle diagnostics, shop management and wireless communication and messaging capabilities. One of the key benefits of the Fleet Resource Manager is the ease with which it reports data from the field. This system allows fleets to generate Web-based productivity reports on-demand, including stop and activity reports, electronic driver logs and fuel tax reports. In addition, the Fleet Resource Manager allows fleets to select the right metrics for their business, export reports to any standard database or application and retrieve stored data for up to 90 days.
“We are excited to now offer Fleet Resource Manager for the heavy-duty market,“ said Roderick Jones, manager of Eaton’s Vehicle Solutions business unit. “Fleet Resource Manager harnesses the power of @Road’s mobile resource management on-demand technology platform which has provided transportation and service delivery organizations with a ROI of less than one year – and is a precursor for future products that will be integrated with Eaton’s MDMobile Diagnostics and VORAD collision warning products.”
“Such integration will provide advanced diagnostic capabilities and real-time safety performance reporting with Eaton’s popular EVIMS™ technology on a user friendly Web-based platform,” Jones continued.
Additional features and benefits of the Eaton Vehicle Solutions Service System include:
* The @Road iLM 2700 In-vehicle device that delivers location intelligent information and reports to the fleet’s back office and helps enable two-way communication between the driver and dispatcher.
* MapView: Enables fleet managers to see the location of their entire mobile workforce and fleet, or a single truck, on easy-to-view online maps with multiple zoom levels. Features enable fleets to monitor direction and speed, view the route sequence for each mobile asset including number of stops and their duration, display the address closest to the asset’s location and create and save custom maps.
* Landmark: Permits fleets to post and define destinations and locations in the online mapping database and then view the routes. An excellent tool for fleets looking to streamline the routing process and reduce wasted time, fuel costs and other expenses.
* Time-At-Landmark: Enables fleets to set online map locations for customers, vehicle depots, home parking and other common stops. Also enables fleets to record service delivery times for billing and helps to spot abuses like after-hours vehicle use.
* Geo-Fencing: Alerts fleets to any driving across a pre-set geographical zone or boundary.
* Web-based Reports and exception alerts: Shows starts, stops, mileage, speed, idling, inactive vehicles and landmark proximity to improve productivity and aid with job costing and time spent at a site.
* Two-way communication: Clarifies each exchange between drivers and dispatchers; cuts real-time communication and duplicate data entry.
Fleet Resource Manager is a joint effort between Eaton Corporation and @Road to develop and deliver advanced field asset management systems-based solutions to the global commercial vehicle market.
To reach Roadranger customer service right now, dial 1-800-826-HELP (4357) in the U.S. and Canada. In Mexico, dial 001-800-826-HELP (4357).
The Roadranger Solution is an unbeatable combination of the best drivetrain, chassis and safety components from Dana Corporation and Eaton Corporation, all backed by Roadranger customer service - the most experienced, most expert, and most accessible drivetrain consultants in the business.
@Road, Inc. is a leading global provider of solutions designed to automate the management of mobile resources and to optimize the service delivery process for customers across a variety of industries. @Road delivers Mobile Resource Management solutions in three key areas: Field Force Management, Field Service Management and Field Asset Management. By providing real-time Mobile Resource Management infrastructure integrating wireless communications, location-based technologies, transaction processing and the Internet, @Road solutions are designed to provide a secure, scalable, upgradeable, enterprise-class platform, and are offered in on-demand software delivery, on-premise or hybrid environments that can seamlessly connect mobile workers in the field to real-time corporate data. @Road is headquartered in Fremont, Calif., and has a global presence with offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information on @Road solutions, visit www.road.com.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified industrial manufacturer with 2005 sales of $11.1 billion. Eaton is a global leader in electrical systems and components for power quality, distribution and control; fluid power systems and services for industrial, mobile and aircraft equipment; intelligent truck drivetrain systems for safety and fuel economy; and automotive engine air management systems, powertrain solutions and specialty controls for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has 60,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 125 countries.
@Road, the @Road logo and AppSmart are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of @Road, Inc. All other trademarks or service marks used herein are the property of their respective owners.