Date: June 18, 2007
Eaton Launches Monitoring and Alternating Relays Product Line
To Bolster Protection in Control Systems
PITTSBURGH ... Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation is launching a new series of monitoring and alternating relays. The relays protect control systems from premature equipment failure and danger to personnel caused by voltage faults, current conditions or excessive load requirements.
Eaton’s broad portfolio of relays includes these new monitoring and alternating devices, as well as a complete line of general purpose, machine tool, ground fault and specialty relays for industrial applications.
“Eaton’s complete logic and control package allows us to address customers’ unique challenges and, at the same time, provide whole systems solutions – from control and protection, to wiring, termination and monitoring,” says Zari Talebi, marketing communications specialist. “Our package includes a broad portfolio of relays, as well as complete motor control, logic and protection product lines.”
Eaton can customize the monitoring and alternating relays quickly and efficiently to meet unique application parameters. Examples of typical customizations include:
• Fixed settings (with or without knobs)
• Remote adjustments
• Special pin configurations
The expanded monitoring and alternating relays product line includes:
• Phase monitoring: D65 Series provides protection against voltage faults on three-phase systems, Eaton’s plug-in and surface mount phase monitoring relays protect against a variety of voltage conditions.
• Voltage monitoring: D65V Series monitors AC single-phase (50/60 Hz) or DC voltages to protect equipment against voltage fault conditions.
• Current monitoring: D65C Series offers a broad range of current monitoring relays, it is a reliable way to monitor AC single-phase currents for over- or undercurrent conditions in three current ranges: 0.1 – 1A, 0.5 – 5A, and 1 – 10A.
• Alternating: D85 Series equalizes the run time of two loads through the use of control switches (float switch, manual switch, timing relay, pressure switch, etc).
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader in electrical control, power distribution, uninterruptible power supply and industrial automation products and services. Eaton’s global electrical brands, including Cutler-Hammer®, Powerware®, Holec® and MEM®, provide customer-driven PowerChain™ Management solutions to serve the power system needs of the industrial, institutional, government, utility, commercial, residential, IT, mission critical and OEM markets worldwide.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified industrial manufacturer with 2006 sales of $12.4 billion. Eaton is a global leader in electrical systems and components for power quality, distribution and control; fluid power systems and services for industrial, mobile and aircraft equipment; intelligent truck drivetrain systems for safety and fuel economy; and automotive engine air management systems, powertrain solutions and specialty controls for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has 61,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 125 countries.