Date: May 17, 2007
Eaton Launches Specific Control & Display Line to Bolster Traditional Durant Industrial Control Solutions
PITTSBURGH … Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation is launching Specific Control and Display products, innovative industrial control products that will enable machinery and processes to run more efficiently and effectively.
Eaton’s new logic products are designed for processes where a measurement needs to be controlled or displayed. They’re typically aimed at controlling simple machinery and monitoring process parameters in a variety of control schemes.
“Eaton is aggressively growing the product line, to meet a broad range of application requirements,“ says Product Manager T.J. Landrum. “Building on the reliable Durant industrial control portfolio, the Specific Control and Display product line offers highly reliable machine control and monitoring products.”
Recognizing that many OEMs require a specific set of control options for many applications, Eaton’s Specific Control and Display products allow for customization. The software is easy to program and many of the output parameters are variable.
“When an individual solution is required, Eaton is able to design a variety of products, ranging from slight modifications of standard products to custom printed circuit board assemblies,” added Landrum. “The Specific Control and Display products become the control products customers need them to be.”
The Specific Control and Display line includes:
• Totalizers: The simplest and most common type of counter with a variety of display options.
• Count Control: Counters that provide output signals at preset count values.
• Ratemeters: Ratemeters are used where it is necessary to monitor or control the speed of a process.
• Digital Panel Meters: Variable indication and control for an assortment of process signals.
• Timers: Used in applications where time is the main focus. Products range from simple elapsed time indication to multi-function time controls.
• Flow Totalizers and Control: Used in a variety of applications where liquid or gas flow needs to be monitored or controlled.
• Integrated Machine Control: As part of a robust package, integrated machine control products have high-speed count functions; including scaling, main counter, five presets, rewarn, totalizer, batch and rate. These are designed to be flexible; integrated machine control products are tailored to meet the requirements of various applications.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified industrial manufacturer with 2006 sales of $12.4 billion. Eaton is a global leader in electrical systems and components for power quality, distribution and control; fluid power systems and services for industrial, mobile and aircraft equipment; intelligent truck drivetrain systems for safety and fuel economy; and automotive engine air management systems, powertrain solutions and specialty controls for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has 61,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 125 countries.