Date: December 3, 2007
Eaton Supports Cleveland-Area Organizations With More Than $82,000 In Grants
CLEVELAND … Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation announced today it donated $82,500 to support local community organizations in the Cleveland area. The grants will be used to sustain various activities and programs benefiting citizens throughout the region.
"We are committed to giving something back to the communities in which we do business," said Barry Doggett, Eaton vice president – Public and Community Affairs. "These organizations provide valuable support and life-enriching services to the citizens of Cleveland and the surrounding areas and we’re proud to be partners with them."
Funding recipients include:
• New Life Community - $20,000 to support one homeless, jobless family in 2007 and assist in their transition to a self sufficient life.
• Greater Cleveland Sports Commission - $15,000 to support the implementation of its strategic plan. This community development organization uses sports as a vehicle to enhance the economy, image and quality of life in Cleveland.
• Great Lakes Theatre Festival - $15,000 to support annual operations of the theatre’s young adult subscription and school residency programs.
• Ingenuity Festival of Art and Technology - $15,000 to support educational programming at the Family Village and Technology Hub designed to showcase some of the forward edge technology evolving in Northeast Ohio.
• The Center for Leadership in Education – $12,500 to assist in the development of a new Web site which will link the ability to learn, collaborate and receive feedback from a group of individuals with a common interest in increasing student achievement, including educators, community organizations and parents.
• Summer on the Cuyahoga – $5,000 to aid this summer internship program designed to help students explore the professional, civic and social offerings of the Cleveland area.
Eaton’s World Headquarters is located in Cleveland. Approximately 1,700 employees work in Cleveland and the surrounding areas.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified industrial manufacturer with 2006 sales of $12.4 billion. Eaton is a global leader in electrical systems and components for power quality, distribution and control; fluid power systems and services for industrial, mobile and aircraft equipment; intelligent truck drivetrain systems for safety and fuel economy; and automotive engine air management systems, powertrain solutions and specialty controls for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has 63,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.