September 23, 2008
Eaton Supports Milwaukee-Area Organizations With $45,500 In Grants
MILWAUKEE …Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation announced several “Powering Communities Grants” to support local community organizations in the Milwaukee area. The grants will be used to augment and enhance various programs and activities benefiting citizens throughout the region.
"Giving back to the community is an integral part of the Eaton culture," said Todd Park, manager of Human Resources, Eaton’s Industrial Control Division, Milwaukee Operations and Technical Center. "We are proud to support with these organizations because they offer valuable services and benefit the citizens of Milwaukee and the surrounding areas."
Funding recipients include:
• Engineers and Scientists of Milwaukee - $10,000 for their education initiatives designed to excite children about careers in math and science.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee - $10,000 to assist in their mentoring programs which are designed to provide positive relationships in the lives of children and teens.
• Delphi House - $7,500 to repair the bedrooms and bathroom in the facility that lodges sibling groups who have been removed from their homes due to domestic violence or neglect.
• YMCA Black Achievers Program - $5,500 to aid them in helping youth set and attain high education and career goals.
• University of Wisconsin Milwaukee - $5,000 toward scholarships for students in the College of Engineering and Applied Science.
• Special Olympics - $5,000 to assist them in providing continuing opportunities to individuals with cognitive disabilities.
• Junior Achievement (JA) - $2,500 to continue Eaton partnership activities which include guest lectures, high school senior job shadowing and organizing Eaton tours and presentations for JA students.
Eaton’s facility in Milwaukee, part of the company’s Electrical Group, employs approximately 230 employees.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified industrial manufacturer with 2007 sales of $13.0 billion. Eaton is a global leader in electrical systems and components for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; hydraulics, fuel and pneumatic systems for commercial and military aircraft; intelligent truck drivetrain systems for safety and fuel economy; and automotive engine air management systems, powertrain solutions and specialty controls for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has 81,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.