November 13, 2008
MOUNTAIN HOME, Ark. …Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced several “Powering Communities Grants” to support local community organizations in the Mountain Home area. The $50,000 in grants will be used to augment and enhance various programs and activities benefiting citizens throughout the region.
Building on Eaton’s tradition of corporate citizenship, the company’s “Powering Communities Grants” help improve the quality of life in communities where Eaton employees live and work.
“These donations are real examples of Eaton’s commitment in giving back to the community," said Jim Gardner, plant manager, Eaton’s hydraulics facility in Mountain Home, Ark. "We are proud to support these organizations because they offer valuable services and benefits to the citizens of Mountain Home and the surrounding areas."
Funding recipients include:
• Baxter County Public Library - $20,000 to expand the children and teen sections at the new facility located in Mountain Home.
• Mountain Home Christian Clinic - $10,000 to support the under-privileged with medical, dental, eye and pharmaceutical care.
• Hospice of the Ozarks - $10,000 to help support residential and in-home care for individuals facing a life-threatening illness.
• Alpha House - $5,000 to help provide life skills classes, personal care items, counseling and job placement services at this transitional homeless shelter for men.
• Kindness Inc. - $5,000 to support their work providing services to the elderly who want to remain independent in their own homes.
Eaton’s facility in Mountain Home, Ark., part of the company’s Hydraulics Business, employs approximately 425 people. The Mountain Home facility is one of the world’s largest producers of synthetic rubber and hydraulic hose for the commercial construction, truck, farming, aerospace and NASCAR industries.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with 2007 sales of $13 billion. Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulic components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has 82,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.