CLEVELAND … Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced it has launched a new section on the company’s web site (www.eaton.com) to highlight its sustainable business practices. The sustainability section provides convenient access to information on Eaton’s programs and progress, including environmental, health and safety performance; workplace and business ethics; technology development, and efficient power management products and services.
“Our new micro-site reflects Eaton’s focus on doing business right in meeting the needs of our global customers, shareholders and employees,” said Don McGrath, senior vice president, Communications. “It helps make our progress more transparent and helps us share Eaton’s sustainability story with the growing number of people interested in learning more about companies that operate responsibly.”
Eaton demonstrates its commitment to sustainability by ensuring that its operations around the world adhere to one set of standards for policies such as ethics, greenhouse gas emissions, energy and water consumption, waste treatment, product quality and human resource practices. In addition to managing its own environmental impacts, Eaton works closely with customers and suppliers to help them reduce their footprints.
The company is receiving increasing recognition for its sustainability efforts worldwide. Awards received in 2008 and featured on the new site include:
- #2 overall on list of “100 Best Corporate Citizens” -- Corporate Responsibility Officer (CRO) magazine
- #1 in industry sector for “Best Corporate Citizens” -- CRO magazine
- Among “World’s Most Ethical Companies” – Ethisphere magazine
- Winner of CALSTART 2008 Blue Sky™ Award for innovation and advancement in sustainable transportation technology
- #1 on list of “Top Innovators” on Information Week – Brazil’s “Information Week 100” list
- Among “Top Innovators” on Information Week - U.S. “Information Week 500” list
- Recognized as a “2008 China Excellent Corporate Citizen” by the Corporate Citizen Committee of China Association of Social Workers
- Among winners of “Multinational Company (MNC) Contribution Award” by China Enterprise News
- “Most Committed Multi-National Award” for Social Responsibility in China -- Foreign Investment in China magazine
- “Golden Bee Honor Roll” for achievements in providing sustainable products and services in China -- China WTO Tribune magazine
Additional information available at Eaton.com/sustainability includes the company’s performance against greenhouse gas reduction goals, achievements in facility safety, new products for efficient power management, community enrichment activities and the company’s heritage of commitment to sustainability.
Eaton publishes a sustainability report as part of its corporate annual report in March each year. Both reports are available at Eaton.com.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with 2007 sales of $13 billion. Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 80,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.