You entered 'Search'. Please enter another search term.
January 6, 2009
Eaton® Silicone Hose Developed For High-Temperature, High-Vibration
Truck, Bus, and Mobile Off-Highway Applications
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. … Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced a new line of silicone hose products for extreme temperature, high-vibration, and chemically challenging applications. The new silicone hoses are available in sizes and configurations suitable for use on turbo and charge air coolers, heater circuits, and coolant system connections at temperature from -65° F to +500° F (-54° C to +260° C). Silicone provides the mechanical properties and chemical resistance in temperature extremes that traditional elastomers cannot meet.
“Eaton’s silicone hose products are available today for turbo and charge air coolers in straights as well as formed and “hump” hoses not previously available to Eaton customers,” said Eaton Product Manager Donna Giffin. “Typical applications include heavy-duty truck engines, buses, and off-highway construction equipment.”
Aramid and polyester reinforced silicone hose from Eaton:
• Resists cracking, peeling, ozone and aging;
• Resists extreme temperature conditions;
• Compensates for misalignment; and
• Offsets vibration.
One of the new Eaton aramid-reinforced silicone configurations, series FF908035 and FF90836, Giffin said, is designed to resist fatigue in supercharger applications.
Eaton’s new silicone hoses are available in straight lengths of three feet, hot and cold hump sections, charge air cooler (CAC), cold and hot couplings, and hot and cold 45-degree and 90-degree elbows.
Many of the products meet SAE J20 R3 and SAE J20 R1 certifications, including:
• Series EH225 -Single ply, polyester reinforced silicone heater hose with IDs -04/-16 inch.
• Series EH226- Four-ply polyester braid reinforced coolant hose with IDs -05/-96 inch.
• Series EH227- Four-ply aramid braid reinforced turbocharger hose with IDs -04/ -80 inch.
• Series FF90829- Four-ply aramid braid reinforced hot hump hose with IDs from ¾ to 6 inches.
• Series FF90830- Four-ply polyester reinforced cold hump hose with IDs from ¾ to 6 inches.
• Series FF90800- Four-ply CAC cold couplings with integral stainless steel restraining rings with IDs from 2.5 to 5 inches.
• Series FF90801- Four-ply CAC hot couplings with integral stainless steel restraining rings with IDs from 2.5 to 5 inches.
• Series FF90836 - Four-ply aramid braid reinforced 45 hot elbows with IDs from 3/8 to 4 inches.
• Series FF90835 Four-ply aramid braid reinforced 90-degree hot elbows with IDs from 3/8 to 4 inches.
• Series FF90803 - Four-ply polyester reinforced 45-degree cold elbows with IDs from 3/8 to 3 inches.
• Series FF90802- Four-ply polyester reinforced 90-degree cold elbows with IDs from 3/8 to 4 inches.
Eaton’s Hydraulics Business is a segment of the Eaton Fluid Power Group. The business is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of a comprehensive line of reliable, high-efficiency hydraulic systems and components for use in mobile and industrial applications. Mobile and industrial markets include agriculture, construction, mining, forestry, utility, material handling, earthmoving, truck and bus, machine tools, molding, primary metals, automotive, power generation, port machinery and entertainment. Eaton’s Hydraulics Business provides customer-driven solutions under brand names such as Aeroquip®, Boston®, Char-Lynn®, Eaton®, Hydro-Line®, Synflex®, Vickers®, Walterscheid™, and Weatherhead®. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/hydraulics.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with 2007 sales of $13 billion. Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 80,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.