CLEVELAND …Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced several “Powering Communities Grants” to support local community organizations in the Greater Cleveland area. The donations will be used to support various programs and organizations that positively affect the lives of citizens throughout the region.
Building on Eaton’s tradition of corporate citizenship, the company’s “Powering Communities Grants” help improve the quality of life in communities where Eaton employees live and work.
"During these challenging economic times, Eaton is sensitive to the ever-increasing need to support local agencies whose prime mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals and families in our area," said William B. Doggett, Eaton senior vice president – Public and Community Affairs. "We’re proud to be able to give something back to the communities in which we work."
Funding recipients include:
- Summer on the Cuyahoga - $2,500 toward this summer internship program designed to attract talented graduates for permanent positions in the region.
- Cuyahoga County Public Library Foundation - $5,000 to underwrite the William N. Skirball Writers Center Stage Program that allows nationally known authors to showcase their talent to local participants.
- Ingenuity - $5,000 to support the Cleveland Festival of Art, Music and Technology, a four day summer event held at Playhouse Square.
- Midtown Cleveland - $5,000 to augment the redevelopment of the upper Euclid Avenue district, from East 55 Street to East 79 Street.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society - $5,000 for its equipment loan and home modification program.
- Near West Theatre - $5,000 to deliver high quality theatre productions that help build Cleveland’s Near West Side and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Project Love - $5,000 for its READ14 Youth Initiative, a character education and violence prevention program for urban middle school students.
- Business Volunteers Unlimited - $5,500 toward their mission to link businesses and non-profit agencies to foster excellence in the non-profit sector.
- Boys and Girls Clubs - $10,000 to be used for after school and summer youth development programs at five club sites.
- The First Tee Cleveland - $10,000 to provide educational programs for children ages eight to 18 that promote strong life enhancing values through the game of golf.
- Youth Opportunities Unlimited - $15,000 to advance its mentoring and job placement programs geared toward academic achievement and career success for disadvantaged youth who are born into poverty.
- YMCA - $20,000 to support programs designed to combat negative and high risk behavior in students grades five through 12.
Eaton’s World Headquarters is located in Cleveland. Approximately 1,700 employees work in Cleveland and the surrounding areas.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with 2008 sales of $15.4 billion. Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 75,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.