TOCCOA, GA. … Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced several “Powering Communities Grants” to support local community organizations in the Toccoa, Ga., area. The donations will be used to support various programs and organizations that positively affect the lives of citizens throughout the region.
Building on Eaton’s tradition of corporate citizenship, the company’s “Powering Communities Grants” help improve the quality of life in communities where Eaton employees live and work. In 2008, the Eaton Charitable Fund donated almost $8 million to various charitable organizations worldwide, an increase of 14 percent over 2007.
"During these challenging economic times, Eaton is sensitive to the ever-increasing need to support local agencies whose prime mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals and families in our area," said Anthony Harrison, human resources manager, Eaton's Toccoa facility. "We’re proud to be able to give something back to the communities in which we work."
Funding recipients include:
- Boys and Girls Clubs - $5,000 to underwrite costs to develop a state-of-the-art youth technology lab.
- Shepherd's Hill Farm - $5,000 to assist at-risk and troubled youth struggling with behavioral issues.
- Step of Faith Outreach - $5,000 to support their family literacy program that prepares high school students for the workplace.
- Ferst Foundation for Childhood Literacy - $3,500 to continue the Imagination Library Program, which provides a book each month to children up to age five.
- March of Dimes - $1,500 to support its annual March for Babies fundraising event.
Eaton’s facility in Toccoa, Ga., part of the company’s Industrial Sector, employs 119 people who manufacture clamps, couplings, flanges and ducting products for aerospace markets.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with 2008 sales of $15.4 billion. Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 70,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.