SHANGHAI … Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced that it has been named by Business Watch magazine a recipient of the 2009 Fast Company Top 100 and Green Company Top 50 awards.
The annual award program recognizes Chinese and multinational companies that exemplify the highest level of operational and strategic excellence in business growth and sustainability. Eaton ranked in the Fast Company Top 100 for the second consecutive year.
“We are proud that Eaton is recognized for its achievements in both competitiveness and sustainability. The awards highlight Eaton’s continued efforts to achieve sustainable growth in China,” said Joe-Tao Zhou, Eaton president - China.
“Sustainable power management is at the core of our business.. Through continuous innovation in the products and services we offer, we give our customers a competitive edge by helping them manage electrical, fluid and mechanical power more efficiently, effectively and responsibly,” Zhou added.
Partnering with renowned institutions, Business Watch has successfully run the Fast Company Top 100 award since 2006. The 100 winners every year are the most competitive companies in today’s globalized economy. The list of Green Company Top 50 was launched this year to recognize companies that develop sustainable energy, manufacturing and services, and contribute to the community. The candidates received comprehensive and systematic evaluations, according to more than ten key indicators.
These two awards are the latest addition to a series of honors Eaton has received since 2008 for its sustainability progress in China and elsewhere around the world. Other awards include:
- “Most Committed Multi-National Award” – Foreign Investment in China magazine
- “2008 Golden Bee Honor Roll” and “Sustainable Growth Award” for achievements in providing sustainable products in China – China WTO Tribune magazine
- Multinational Company (MNC) Contribution Award in 2008 and 2009– China Enterprise News
- 2008 China Excellent Corporate Citizen – the Corporate Citizen Committee of China Association of Social Workers
- 2008 Excellent Cases of Multinational Corporations Fulfilling Social Responsibility” – China Enterprise News
- Ranked 43 out of 500 companies in the first-ever Newsweek ranking of “The Greenest Big Companies in America”
- Ranked among “100 Best Corporate Citizens,” -- Corporate Responsibility Officer (CRO) magazine
- Winner of CALSTART 2008 Blue Sky™ Award for innovation and advancement in sustainable transportation technology
Eaton began operations in China in 1993 through a joint venture agreement to manufacture steering control units and hydraulic motors. Since then, its presence has grown significantly in the region through acquisitions, joint ventures and wholly-owned subsidiaries. In China today, Eaton has 27 operations with more than 10,000 employees.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with 2008 sales of $15.4 billion. Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has 70,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
(86 21) 5200-0580