You entered 'Search'. Please enter another search term.
– Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation announced that Reading, Pa.-based Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P. has ordered more than 1,800 new Fuller UltraShift HV (Highway Value) medium-duty automated transmissions. The transmissions will be used in International® DuraStar® models with MaxxForce® DT engines and are part of Penske’s consumer truck rental fleet. Production of these trucks has begun and will be complete in May.
“We're pleased to be working with Eaton," said Marc Althen, senior vice president –Administration and Procurement for Penske Truck Leasing. "These transmissions provide Penske with a solid value and the proven on-road performance our consumer truck rental customers need to ensure a smooth, reliable moving experience."
The UltraShift HV is a fully automated transmission system for Class 6 and 7 vehicles with diesel engines in the 195 to 260 horsepower range. The HV is capable of handling torque capacities up to 660 lb/ft and loads up to 33,000 lbs GVW. Models are available with an optional park pawl feature. The UltraShift HV transmission is ideally suited for pickup, delivery, service, utility and recovery applications – and for any daily rental application where reliability, driving ease and fuel efficiency are important.
In independent testing using SAE-approved protocols, the UltraShift HV has demonstrated significant fuel savings over a conventional automatic – from 7 to 19 percent, depending on the application.
“This is the perfect transmission for Penske to offer rental customers looking for a transmission that is simple, safe and economical to operate,” said Staci Kroon, senior vice-president and general manager for Eaton’s Commercial Vehicle Transmission business. “This is the largest single order for the UltraShift HV to date, and we think it’s proof of the confidence that Penske has in the value of this product to its trucks and rental customers.”
Additional key features and benefits of the UltraShift HV transmission include:
• No scheduled maintenance. No filters to change and a Lubed for Life feature provide lower maintenance and reduced downtime costs.
• Hill assist, which automatically minimizes rollback on up to 10 percent grades while the operator makes the transition from the brake pedal to the accelerator. This benefits the driver in both uphill and downhill stop and start situations.
• Modular design that provides more rapid service and reduced service costs.
• Commonality. Using the same electronics modules and shift controls as are used on other Fuller manual and automated transmissions allows service providers to reduce service parts inventories and speeds training and certification of technicians.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, Inc. and General Electric Corporation. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, used truck sales, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
About Eaton Corporation
For more information on Eaton transmissions and other Roadranger products and services, visit www.roadranger.com , where the latest product information is available, as well as service, parts and training assistance, 24 hours a day. Experts are available in the Roadranger Call Center by dialing 1-800-826-HELP (4357) in the U.S. and Canada. In Mexico, dial 01-800-826-4357.
Roadranger® is a marketing alliance of Dana Holding Corporation, Eaton Corporation and other trusted partners, providing a complete line of drivetrain components, systems, lubricants, safety products and service tools, including manual and automatic transmissions, hybrid power systems, clutches, driveshafts, steer and drive axles, brakes, tire pressure management systems and collision warning systems with adaptive cruise control. Truck makers, dealers, owners and service providers are supported by the Roadranger support team – providing specification assistance, training, service, parts and warranty expertise throughout North America.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with 2009 sales of $11.9 billion. Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 70,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries. For more information, visit