CLEVELAND … Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the fifth consecutive year.
“Eaton’s environmental commitment is backed by a solid environmentally responsible performance, and it shines within the industry as a thought leader that advances best practices,” said Alex Brigham, the executive director of the Ethisphere Institute. “It is this sort of sustained adherence to the highest standards of corporate responsibility across the board that has earned Eaton a place on this year’s World’s Most Ethical Companies list for the fifth year running.”
Eaton has received widespread recognition for responsible business practices; recent honors include:
- Ranked among the world’s top six diversified industrial companies for sustainability leadership by Sustainable Asset Management 2010 Yearbook
- Ranked 16th overall in Newsweek’s Green Rankings 2010 and first in the general industrial category
- Ranked among the world’s top sustainability performers in the NASDAQ Global Sustainability 50 Index
- Ranked among Fortune Magazine's Most Admired Companies
- Recognized as one of Corporate Responsibility Officer Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens” for five consecutive years
- Cited in China’s Business Watch Magazine’s Green Company Top 10 and Fast Company Top 100
“We are proud to be recognized by Ethisphere for our commitment to ethical values, which distinguishes us as a company,” said Deborah Severs, vice president – Global Ethics and Compliance, Eaton. “Eaton is focused on doing business right through practices that involve the highest standards of honesty and integrity.”
Ethisphere reviewed thousands of nominations from companies in more than 100 countries and 36 industries to determine the winners. The research and selection process included reviewing companies’ codes of ethics, litigation and regulatory infraction histories; evaluating the investment in innovation and sustainable business practices; looking at activities designed to improve corporate citizenship; and studying nominations from senior executives, industry peers, suppliers and customers. More information on the Ethisphere Institute is available at www.ethisphere.com.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with 2010 sales of $13.7 billion. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2011, Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 70,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
Hilary Spittle (216) 523-5352