CLEVELAND … Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced that it has been named one of Corporate Responsibility (CR) Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens” for the fourth consecutive year. Eaton’s ranking improved to 33 this year from 41 in 2010.
“We are honored to be recognized by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for our commitment to global sustainability and corporate responsibility leadership,” said Monica Alston, Eaton director - Corporate Environment, Health & Safety. “Through Eaton’s dedication to doing business right, we strive to continue to be among those worthy to be recognized as responsible corporate citizens.”
Eaton has received widespread recognition for responsible business practices; recent honors include:
- Ranked among the world’s top six diversified industrial companies for sustainability leadership by Sustainable Asset Management 2010 Yearbook
- Ranked 16th overall in Newsweek’s “Green Rankings 2010” and first in the general industrial category
- Ranked among the world’s top sustainability performers in the Nasdaq “Global Sustainability 50 Index”
- Ranked among Fortune Magazine's “Most Admired Companies”
- Recognized by Ethisphere Magazine as one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies,” for the fifth consecutive year
- Cited in China’s Business Watch Magazine’s “Green Company Top 10” and “Fast Company Top 100”
CR and IW Financial, a Portland, Maine-based research firm, reviewed the most influential U.S. public companies, drawn predominantly from the Russell 1000 Index, and evaluated them in eight categories: environment, climate change, human rights, employee relations, corporate governance, lobbying, philanthropy and financial. The category rankings were weighted and averaged to determine CR's “100 Best Corporate Citizens.”
For more details about CR’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens” for 2011, visit www.thecro.com.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with 2010 sales of $13.7 billion. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2011, Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 70,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.