CLEVELAND …Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced several “Powering Communities Grants” totaling $722,000 to support local community organizations in the Greater Cleveland area. The donations will be used to enhance various programs and organizations that positively affect the lives of citizens throughout the region.
Building on Eaton’s tradition of corporate citizenship, the company’s “Powering Communities Grants” help improve the quality of life in communities where Eaton employees live and work.
"During these challenging economic times, Eaton is sensitive to the ever-increasing need to support local agencies whose prime mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals and families in our area," said William B. Doggett, Eaton senior vice president of public and community affairs. "We’re proud to be able to give something back to the communities in which we work."
Funding recipients include:
- Friends of Breakthrough – $600,000 to support Breakthrough Schools, a nationally-recognized network of high-performing, free, public charter schools. Their mission is to provide sustainable, high-quality public schools in Cleveland’s under-served neighborhoods.
- ideastream – $31,000 to fund community issues programming and the televised auction on WVIZ/PBS public service cable channel.
- American Red Cross of Greater Cleveland – $30,000 to help families in Cuyahoga, Geauga and Lake counties prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies.
- Great Lakes Science Center – $25,000 to help people of all ages achieve and maintain greater science literacy to sustain and improve their regional quality of life.
- YMCA of Greater Cleveland – $20,000 to subsidize programming for lower-income individuals including child care, community youth summer camp, aquatics and health and fitness programs.
- Consortium of African-American Organizations – $10,000 for general operating support to utilize the resources of African-American professional organizations to promote economic development in African-American communities and enhance career opportunities for that segment.
- Museum of Contemporary Art – $6,000 for its School-to-Museum and Youth and Family Programs devoted to educating and increasing awareness of contemporary art and ideas of today.
Eaton’s World Headquarters is located in Cleveland. Approximately 1,700 employees work in Cleveland and the surrounding areas.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with more than 100 years of experience providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. With 2011 sales of $16.0 billion, Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 73,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.