Netformx Facilitates the Inclusion of Eaton’s Energy-Efficient Power Solutions into Data Center Proposals
Date: June 27, 2013
Netformx DesignXpert Now Includes Eaton’s Industry-Leading Power Solutions
SAN JOSE—Netformx®, the leader in collaborative requirements-to-order solutions, announced today that Eaton’s leading energy-efficient power solutions are now available in its award-winning product, Netformx DesignXpert®. Netformx DesignXpert is the global leader in enterprise technology design and proposal generation built on the Netformx KnowledgeBase™, the richest multi-vendor content library in the world.
As a leading provider of power quality solutions and services, Eaton delivers customized, integrated solutions to address its customers’ most critical power challenges. Eaton’s power quality portfolio—now included in Netformx KnowledgeBase—encompasses a comprehensive suite of power management solutions, including uninterruptible power systems (UPSs), surge protection devices, power distribution units (PDUs), remote monitoring, software, power factor correction, airflow management, rack enclosures, and services.
To meet the specific needs of data centers, Eaton offers innovative, mission-critical solutions that obtain higher availability systems, improve efficiency and offer flexible, scalable solutions as well as solutions to protect equipment from hazards and outages that can cause crippling losses.
- Eaton’s entire power quality portfolio has been added to the Netformx KnowledgeBase —including specialized content, technical information, reference drawings, and configurations.
- Eaton joins other leading equipment vendors in the Netformx KnowledgeBase which includes more than 545,000 products and more than 2.45 million configuration rules.
- Validated designs generated using Netformx DesignXpert result in significant improvements in accuracy and productivity, as well as time- and cost-savings.
- Using Netformx DesignXpert, more than 2,680 customers in more than 144 countries create proposals with higher win rates, resulting in happier customers and more profits.
- Eaton power quality systems are accessible to all users of Netformx DesignXpert Gold and Platinum editions.
- Netformx DesignXpert is used to design more multivendor data centers than any other network design tool.
“Eaton’s inclusion in Netformx DesignXpert will provide resellers and channel partners with the ability to rapidly design comprehensive power management solutions to meet customer needs, increase profits and create market differentiation,” said Hervé Tardy, Vice President and General Manager, Distributed Power Quality, Eaton. “In particular, by utilizing Eaton’s Intelligent Power™ Manager software, resellers can integrate power management capabilities directly into their customers’ virtualization platforms. This simplifies business continuity through automated processes including live migration, movement of data to a backup site, and intelligent consolidation of workloads to extend backup runtime during an extended outage.”
“As data centers and virtualization become increasingly important, being able to design the right power solutions is becoming critical and a key differentiator for technology suppliers,” said John Trembley, Vice President of Marketing and Product Strategy at Netformx. “Eaton has a unique offering which can help drive better profitability and increase win rates. Netformx customers benefit greatly from being able to quickly and accurately add Eaton solutions such as their Intelligent Power Manager software that to their proposals.”
- Learn more about Netformx DesignXpert, the global leader in enterprise technology design and proposal generation, and DesignXpert Version 15.
- Access more information about Eaton’s power quality systems.
- Read the InterComms Magazine article "Reducing the Complexity of Data Center Design"including aninterview with Scott Boynton, Senior Data Center Strategy Manager at Netformx.
- Read the Pipeline article and interview with Mike Fitz, Vice President of Solution at Sprint entitled “The Next Profitability Challenge: Enterprise Cloud”.
- Learn more about the Netformx KnowledgeBase, the richest multi-vendor content library in the world.
- Discover how Netformx customers benefit by accessing detailed customer success stories.
- Connect with Netformx on Twitter.
Netformx is the leader in collaborative requirements-to-order software solutions for enterprise technology. Netformx’s customers include service providers, systems integrators and equipment vendors who rely on the company’s award-winning solutions to create and sell the information, communications, and technology solutions that power business.
Netformx has over 2,680 solution providers as customers in more than 144 countries. Customers include AT&T, Belgacom, Bell, CDW, CenturyLink, Cisco, Dimension Data, HP, Insight, Juniper, Orange Business Services, Sprint, Swisscom, Telstra, Verizon, and WWT. The Netformx KnowledgeBase™ is the only comprehensive multi-vendor content library for technology products, including specifications, validation rules, pricing, ordering information, and discovery mappings from top technology suppliers including Cisco, Brocade, HP, Juniper, Avaya, APC, Belden, Plantronics, Polycom, TrippLite, and now Eaton.
More information can be found at www.Netformx.com.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. A global technology leader, Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in November 2012. The 2012 revenue of the combined companies was $21.8 billion on a pro forma basis. Eaton has approximately 103,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.