Electric Vehicle Solutions
- Eaton is uniquely positioned to create a safe and reliable infrastructure that supports the use of electric vehicles. Eaton's network of engineers provides the capabilities for auditing, implementing, monitoring, maintaining and supporting charging stations and networks.
- Eaton's hybrid electric system recovers power normally lost during braking and stores the energy in batteries. The stored energy is used to improve fuel economy and vehicle performance for a given speed or it is used to operate the vehicle with electric power only.
- By providing real-time monitoring and reporting, Eaton's Network Manager allows EV fleet managers to increase system uptime, reduce energy costs and maximize the reliability of chargers.
- Eaton is an industry leader in product solutions with safety-conscious design and installation that comply with the latest industry codes and standards.
- Workers can attend Eaton training programs designed to help users identify and avoid potential hazards such as arc flash and arc fault.
Using an industry standard J1772 30A or 70A connector, the Level 2 charging station will easily fill a depleted all-electric vehicle battery in three to four hours while the owner is working, shopping or sleeping. The Level 2 charging station is ideal for residential or commercial EV charging applications.
The DC Quick Charger is the most robust charger that Eaton offers. It will charge an electric vehicle's battery to 80 percent capacity in 15 to 30 minutes. This charging station is the perfect solution for commercial and retail parking lots and highway rest stops.
Eaton offers a full family of reliable, responsible electric vehicle (EV) chargers for residential applications.
Eaton's Electric Vehicle Simulator allows installers to immediately test the functionality of the electric vehicle supply equipment on site during installation, ensuring proper installation.
Eaton's 120 Vac Level 1 Universal Receptacle Charging Station provides a safe, reliable means for charging up to four vehicles at a time. It is the perfect solution buildings that require multiple-vehicle charging, such as apartments and offices.
The Integrated Power Solution is a fully factory prewired power system for a canopy utilizing solar inverters and electric vehicle chargers.
A golf course may pay $5,000–$10,000 or more in annual demand charges, even in winter when no golf cars are being charged. Eaton’s Pow-R-Command enables a simple retrofit and utilizes utility demand-side management rebates, where applicable, for typical paybacks of less than a year.
Eaton’s integrated hybrid electric system delivers a number of benefits, including up to 60 percent in reduced fuel consumption, up to 87 percent reduction in idle times, reduced maintenance and lower life cycle costs, reduced emissions, quieter operation and better acceleration.
Eaton’s panelboards are designed for sequence phase connection of branch circuit devices. This allows complete flexibility of circuit arrangement to allow balance of the electrical load on each phase.
Eaton’s Pow-R-Line switchboards combine a space-saving design with modular construction and increased systems rating to provide economical and dependable electrical system distribution and protection.
These energy-efficient transformers are specifically designed to meet the standards set forth in the NEMA publication, “Guide for Determining Energy Efficiency for Distribution Transformers.”
Eaton’s IFS solutions are designed to shorten your construction time with prefabricated transformers, switchboards, UPSs, lighting control and DC power units. Because the equipment is ready to install and designed to save space, you save on construction costs.
Eaton provides low and medium voltage busway systems that can be utilized over a broad spectrum of industrial, commercial and institutional applications worldwide.
Eaton’s switching devices and disconnects are used when a means of control, circuit protection and safety are needed. Switches and disconnects are horsepower rated and are suitable for use in many applications.
These Web-based power quality meters with built-in Web servers help you monitor branch circuits and other applications through an easy-to-use Web interface.
Eaton’s complete line of surge suppression products protects your equipment from power surges.
Single-position, self-contained meter sockets house the utility’s electrical watthour meters in residential and commercial buildings. Eaton offers the widest range of utility-approved sockets in the industry.
Eaton’s quick charger was used to charge the Mitsubishi Innovative Electric Vehicle (iMiEV) during the “Electric Highway” event in California in 2010. Using Eaton’s quick charger, the iMiEV cars were charged to 80 percent within less than 30 minutes each.
Eaton’s Electrical Services & Systems global team is one of the largest and most experienced team of power system engineers in the industry. These experts can install the electric vehicle charging system to fit your needs.
Eaton’s certification program provides electrical contractors with the knowledge and the tools needed to provide homeowners with the safest and most technologically advanced electrical system, including solutions for charging electric vehicles.
Courtesy of the City of Auburn, Washington
Courtesy of the City of Raleigh
Courtesy of WNCN-TV
Courtesy of WLFL-TV
Courtesy of Automotive News TV
- USA Technologies Expands Cashless Payment Services in Kiosk Market with Eaton Corporation’s Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- In the Green: Eaton plugs in
- Eaton becoming a force in electric vehicle charging stations
- All Charged Up - Who will provide America's electrical charging station infrastructure?
Courtesy of TED Magazine
- Charging network a goal as electric vehicles come on line
- Charging stations coming up as Asheville readies for electric cars
- Industry Leaders Best Buy and Eaton Team with Mitsubishi Motors to Provide Charging Station Logistics for New 'i' Electric Vehicle
- All Charged Up and Ready to Go
- Charging your electric car at home: What you need to know
- EV Rapid Charging Works Wonders - If You Don't Miss Your Turnoff
- Mitsubishi Electrified Highway: Turning on EV Charging Stations
- Mitsubishi i-Miev pioneers electric highway
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV Quick-Charges Through California
- Our Journey Toward Public EV Quick-Charging Begins
- Vacaville, Calif. Gets First Public Electric Car Rapid Charger in U.S.
- YouTube video from AutoWeek
The Plug-in Electric drive vehicles are here and the United States government is in full support. Qualified vehicles purchased in or after 2010 may be eligible for a federal income tax credit of up to $7,500. The credit amount will vary based on the capacity of the battery used to fuel the vehicle. Per the IRS code section 30D: “For vehicles acquired after 12/31/2009, the credit is equal to $2,500 plus, for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least 5 kilowatt hours of capacity, $417, plus an additional $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity in excess of 5 kilowatt hours. The total amount of the credit allowed for a vehicle is limited to $7,500.”
This credit will continue by manufacturer until they have sold at least 200,000 of the qualifying vehicles in the U.S.
For more information, visit the official U.S. government source for fuel economy information.