Wind Power Solutions
- Eaton products can pack more power within smaller packages. With solutions such as circuit breakers, air power breakers, vacuum contactors and drives, Eaton can reduce the size and increase the reliability conversion of systems.
- Eaton's maintenance, remote monitoring and retrofit upgrade services ensure wind system electrical equipment is operating at peak performance and helps prevent equipment issues before they occur.
- Eaton’s metal-enclosed front-accessible switchgear saves space, delivering more capacity in the same square footage. This space-saving design simplifies retrofit installations, reducing project cost.
- Eaton's power factor correction capacitors reduce damaging harmonics, lower utility bills and typically pay for themselves in six months to two years.
- Eaton is an industry leader in product solutions with safety-conscious design and installation that comply with the latest industry codes and standards.
- Eaton’s Electrical Services & Systems team of engineers provides arc flash studies and power system audits to help ensure worker safety by reducing hazardous incidents.
- Workers can attend Eaton training programs designed to help users identify and avoid potential hazards such as arc flash and arc fault.
For power conversion system and wind turbine manufacturers, Eaton’s products can pack more power within smaller packages. Through its suite of circuit breakers, air power breakers, vacuum contactors and drives, Eaton can reduce the size and increase the reliability of power conversion systems.
Base of Tower
For wind farm owners, reliable power distribution is essential for a successful wind farm. Eaton provides electrical equipment in outdoor enclosures to distribute power effectively and reliably to the electrical grid.
Small and Mid-size Wind
Nacelle and Base of Tower
Eaton's low voltage electrical solutions allow you to use pre-configured components with plug-and-play versatility.
Eaton’s services team develops modular electrical distribution infrastructure including collector systems, collector substations and utility intertie substations. Our solution reduces our client’s time to market and guarantees flawless startup and commissioning.
Eaton's NRX air power circuit breakers offer a compact footprint and maintenance-free operation for rugged climates.
Eaton's Series G family of molded case circuit breakers provides high performance branch circuit protection for step-up transformers at the base of the tower and ancillary loads in the nacelle.
Eaton's XT IEC contactors are engineered to perform better than the competition. With a range up to 2450A AC-1, XT has a switching solution for small to large wind power installations.
Eaton's SL line of medium voltage vacuum contactors are designed for increased safety and reliability with improved performance.
Eaton's low and medium voltage drives offer compact size and they are designed to provide improved reliability.
Eaton's iProx sensors utilize an embedded microprocessor and exclusive SmartSense technology to solve the toughest sensing applications in the harshest of environments.
Eaton's Power Xpert meters and software provide remote monitoring that tracks and communicates the energy output in wind farms.
Eaton's tower busway offers improved coordination and heat dissipation, better bracing and the elimination of the "chimney effect" with its true sandwich design.
Eaton's switchgear provides small footprint configurations with through-the-door front access in NEMA 3R enclosures.
Eaton's medium voltage switchgear is used to couple the tower's power generation to the collector's distribution system.
Substation transformers can either step up or step down voltage depending on the application.
With industry-leading vacuum and solid insulation technology, Eaton's VCP-Wi will help you manage power reliably, efficiently and safely with a footprint that is 30 percent smaller than Eaton's current 28 kV VCP-W offering.
Eaton's power factor correction capacitors increase your system's power factor, reduce or eliminate damaging harmonics, lower utility bills and typically pay for themselves in six months to two years.
Eaton's Electrical Services and Systems engineers can assist you with installation, commissioning, maintenance, retrofit upgrades and turnkey substation construction.
Eaton's field service team can replace electrical equipment at the base of the tower and the substation as needed to ensure efficient and reliable system performance.
Our large field service team can offer ongoing service contracts to complete maintenance, as well as remote monitoring of critical failure indicators of electrical equipment.
Eaton's field service team provides arc flash studies to ensure safety of the electrical equipment at the base of the tower. Eaton can also conduct power system studies to verify electrical output performance.