College and University Facility Managers typically spend between 35% and 50% of their operating budgets on energy, and this cost is increasing. It is becoming widely accepted that the functionality of traditional building management systems does not lend itself to providing the necessary tools required to manage power quality, reliability and energy.
Eaton’s measurement and verification solutions will help you monitor and measure your power and energy usage, providing actionable information to help you save costs.
- Easily justifiable cost with built-in payback; the costs of a measurement and verification system can be justified by the savings realized by taking action on actual energy usage information
- Full line of metering solutions to fit your differing needs
- Easy installation due to a limited number of footprints, similar wiring, and retrofit capabilities
- Will fit into your existing building management systems; vendor neutral, open architecture / protocol communications
- No software necessary; view information from a standard internet browser and IP address
- Establish Baselines to find areas to reduce energy, GHG Emissions and build an energy conscious culture
- Opportunities to increase revenues through sub metering; providing an energy bill for special events, building billing/cost allocations, load profiles to identify equipment problems
- Participate in available Demand Response programs; system can display sheddable loads, the current consumption of those loads allowing you to shed the necessary consumption
- To bring your entire campus or multiple campus systems together, consider the Power Xpert Software
- How measurement and verification assist with Eaton’s Alternative Energy Solutions
- Go Green: Tour our LEED Gold Facility through this video, and learn about a variety of Eaton solutions to help you reduce greenhouse gases and energy usage
- See how Eaton’s lighting control could reduce lighting energy consumption up to 30 percent
- Check out our free Training and CEU courses
- Eaton's solutions enable an institution to manage the power system as a single, integrated system, but more importantly, they help bring a facility's current infrastructure up to today's standards. Eaton's EESS team can evaluate the overall electrical system and implement solutions in educational facilities that help save money and avoid service interruption.
- UPS units ensure clean, uninterrupted power to keep critical functions running until backup generators take over. If power fails, no data is lost.
- Eaton can help educational facilities manage energy costs proactively with solutions to help address the pressures of reducing greenhouse gas emissions and overall energy costs.
- Power Xpert meters and software track energy usage across the entire campus to find opportunities for savings, while Eaton's performance-based approach to maintenance reduces costs by extending equipment life and avoiding emergency repairs.
- Because keeping people safe is of the utmost importance, Eaton's products are designed to distance people and equipment from hazards.
- Eaton is a leader in arc flash prevention technologies. In addition, Eaton offers comprehensive scalable diagnostic studies that help identify potentially catastrophic risks and training for employees to help them spot and avoid dangers like electrical shock.
Eaton engineers create a comprehensive view of the entire power system. With that information, flexibility is strategically built into the system, so that the power system can adapt to changing requirements.
Eaton engineers identify wasteful patterns in total energy consumption from all sources—electricity, steam, gas and compressed air—and recommend more efficient solutions to reduce overall energy use.
Eaton offers training for employees to teach them how to spot danger and avoid it. With this knowledge, employees can do a better job of protecting themselves.
Eaton project managers offer a single point of accountability for complex construction projects. This streamlines coordination, helping complete projects on time and on budget with turnkey assistance.
Eaton is the only electrical manufacturer with regionally located manufacturing plants across the United States to cater to your individual needs. Satellites can specify, develop and manufacture customized products and solutions locally. This gives customers local access to market knowledge and in-depth technical skills and lets them take advantage of emergency response and quick-ship schedules when required.
This service identifies places in the power system where there is risk of an arc flash event. Once dangers are known, they can be managed with equipment, training and proper labeling.
If power is interrupted, the paralleling switchgear manages critical transactions from the power company to an onsite generator, protecting vital health care functions from any disruption.
When there is a surge in power, protective relays help to isolate the problem and protect the rest of the system from failing. Predictive relays continuously monitor insulation on circuits and alert workers of potential failures.
These assemblies allow connecting a generator to be done quickly and easily without requiring the help of skilled electricians.
If utility power fails, UPS units ensure clean, uninterrupted power to keep critical functions up and running until backup generators take over.
Monitor the power system in real time using Power Xpert meters and software. Information about system performance allows managers to troubleshoot problems before they happen.
These drives adjust a motor’s speed to match changing output requirements, conserving energy and allowing the system to be more responsive.
Reduce consumption by generating the reactive power needed to improve power utilization with capacitors (instead of sourcing it from the utility), and save on energy costs immediately.
Harmonic mitigating transformers reduce harmful harmonic currents that disrupt the flow of useful energy in a circuit. Fewer harmonics makes energy consumption more efficient, thus reducing overall energy consumption and lowering energy costs.
When a room is empty, the lighting control software turns off the lights. Lighting control software also reduces artificial lighting when the natural light is strong, reducing overall energy consumption and costs.
GFCIs shut down a circuit when the device detects a leak of current, protecting people from electric shock.
These solutions protect workers by reducing the duration of arc flash events and increasing the distance between workers and electrical currents during maintenance.
The protection devices detect anomalies and temporarily divert surge current away from the equipment, eliminating damage to the power system.
These devices detect dangerous arcs in the power flow. When the interrupter detects an arc, it stops the flow of current through the circuit, reducing the risk of fire.
Eaton is an industry leader in providing alternative energy solutions, including solar and wind installations and electric vehicle, hybrid-electric vehicle and electric vehicle charging.
Eaton is an industry leader in electric vehicle (EV) and hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) components, including systems that provide fuel savings ranging from 30 to 60 percent. In addition, Eaton now provides the most robust, flexible offering of electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) on the market. Eaton’s Pow-R-Station family of solutions is the electric transportation industry’s premier EVSE.
Eaton's IFS solutions are designed to shorten your construction time with prefabricated transformers, switchboards, UPSs, lighting control and DC power units. Because the equipment is ready to install and designed to save space, you save on construction costs.