Nuclear Power Solutions
- Upgrade solutions for aging equipment and plant designs, resulting in more reliable system performance
- Solutions to retrofit and modernize motor control center buckets, MV circuit breakers and drives, and LV circuit breakers and contactors
- Modernization solutions to extend aging equipment’s useful life
- Pre-engineered configurations to save installation time and expense
- Replacement solutions for Eaton brand MCCs, vintage designs manufactured under the Westinghouse, Cutler-Hammer and Klockner-Moeller names, as well MCCs from other manufacturers
- A common technology platform for faster, easier installation, simpler maintenance, less required training and less inventory
- Electrical distribution products engineered with safety in mind
- A defined supply chain to mitigate the risk of counterfeit, fraudulent and suspect parts from entering the supply chain
- Nuclear safety-related products available through our global nuclear OEM partners
Eaton offers a full portfolio of products and services for upgrading electrical equipment to help extend the life of a nuclear plant.
Eaton can help simplify your supply chain with product designs that are adapted for both nuclear safety-related and electrical balance-of-plant applications. Our solutions for nuclear safety-related applications are provided through our global nuclear OEM partners.
- Safety-related applications: For more information about Eaton’s global OEM partnerships for nuclear safety-related areas, contact John Vernacchia, Larry Connor, or Bill Orga.
- Balance-of-plant applications: For more information about Eaton’s balance-of-plant solutions, contact Kevin Friedrich or Ron Hartzel.
Eaton’s modern vacuum technology cuts normal maintenance time to an average of one hour per breaker and extends the life of switchgear by as much as 30 years.
Eaton’s variable frequency drives adjust speed to closely match output requirements, replacing outdated electro-mechanical speed changers.
Remote racking solutions protect operators by keeping them outside the arc flash protection boundary.
Eaton’s Magnum DS and Series NRX breaker technology makes direct replacement and modernization easy.
Modernize aging motor control centers (MCCs) with circuit breaker/motor starter updates and arc flash reduction safety operations.
Eaton’s engineering services work with your team to refurbish and recondition switchgear and power circuit breakers and upgrade motor control centers.
Eaton is the only electrical manufacturer with regionally located manufacturing plants across the U.S. to cater to your individual needs with quick response and shipping times.