Current Monitoring Relays
Eaton’s Current Monitoring Relays provide protection of mechanical apparatus from jam-up or other overloading conditions that result in measurable increase in motor current. Overcurrent Relays (D65CH) should be used to detect an overcurrent condition, while Undercurrent Monitoring Relays (D65CL) should be used to detect an undercurrent condition. Standard Current Monitoring Relays (D65CE) can be used to detect either an overcurrent or undercurrent condition.
- External current transformer extends current range for accurate monitoring.
- Initiates jam-clearing devices to correct conditions without tripping motor overload protection.
- Detects no-load conditions indicating absence of water in water lubricated pumps, and initiates shutdown to prevent burnout of pump bearings.
- Detects tool wear (high load) or breakage (low load) in machine tools and shutdown or signals maintenance for added safety.
- Senses high loads and allows for momentary reversal of feed to prevent motor protection from tripping.
Loading Content..Please wait!