The S701 line of soft start controllers is specifically designed to be a low cost option for soft starting small (15 hp and down) three-phase motors. The S701 controls current on two of three motor phases to control the torque being applied to the motor, allowing for smooth starting of a motor. It is designed to be used with a manual motor starter or a full voltage starter, and provides the necessary overload protection as well as line isolation for the motor.
- Smooth transition for stopping the motor eliminates the “waterhammer” effect that can damage pipes, valves and pumps.
- Controlled inrush current leads to a more stable power grid and can lower peak demand charges.
- Reduced wear on belts, gears, chains, clutches, shafts and bearings adds longevity to the life of the product.
- Less shock to product on conveyor lines and material handling gear ensures quality and optimal functionality.
- IP20 finger protection provides an added safety measure.
Loading Content..Please wait!
- Auxiliary Contacts
- DC Injection Brakes