Medium Voltage Breaker to Vacuum Starter Replacements
An excellent tool for starting 5kV/7.5kV class motors is a new line-up of fused vacuum contactors, but this requires an outage, new equipment, new cables, changes in the power switchgear coordination and often a loss of drawout and metal-clad switchgear features. To get the best result, a combination power circuit breaker/vacuum contactor is a better solution.
- Drawout capability
- Utilize the same cell interface components for levering and interlocking
- Minimum cell modifications
- Current limiting fuses as primary fault protection
- Mechanically latched
- Switching duty life of 250,000 operations
- Compatibility and testing to IEEE/ANSI C37.59-2007
Loading Content..Please wait!