VR-Series Vacuum Replacement Breakers
- All VR-Series vacuum replacement circuit breakers are designed and tested to meet or exceed IEEE/ANSI standards, assuring compatibility with existing installations and IEEE/ANSI application guidelines.
- VR-Series breakers have 50% fewer parts than air magnetic breakers, saving $600-$2500 per breaker.
- Circuit breaker mechanism opens and closes all three phases and any auxiliary devices via a common operating shaft, which ensures consistent and simultaneous operation of the main contacts.
- Mechanism parts and control components are current production items and are in stock. Most parts are available on a 24/7 basis. Additionally, VR-Series breakers utilize common components across the product line, therefore parts availability issues are eliminated.
- Eaton's patented SURE CLOSE technology for vacuun replacement breakers is guaranteed not to stall the breaker during closing and prevent damage to the cell MOC components.
- Interrupting capabilities are increased while still maintaining the original circuit breaker dimensions, providing a possible savings of $5,000-$12,000 per breaker versus the costs of replacing the switchgear.
- No fragile and bulky arc chutes to handle and maintenance free current transfer system and contacts reduce normal maintenance to about one hour per breaker.
- The nonsliding current transfer system consists of a series of tin plated high conductivity copper leaf conductors swaged onto the vacuum interrupter stems, which improves conductivity and reduces operating temperature.
- Replacement breakers available for several different generations of these breakers: Allis-Chalmers, Federal Pacific, General Electric, ITE, McGraw-Edison, and Westinghouse.
This section is for the Equipment Life Extension & Modernization exclusive user interactive document, “Visual Instruction Book Essentials” (VIBE). These documents contain videos and user interactive graphics to use as a supplemental document to the VR-Series power replacement circuit breaker instruction book for that specific breaker. These documents also contain 3D models of product specific power replacement circuit breakers for detailed Bill of Material information.
A quick view of the “Visual Instruction Book Essentials” (VIBE) featuring the 18WR, 20WR, and 29WR element.
- Visual Instruction Book Essentials for General Electric AM
User Interactive Presentation of Maintenance for Type AM-4.16-VR, AM-7.2-VR, AM-13.8-VR, & AM-15-VR Replacement Circuit Breakers for AM Switchgear.
- Visual Instruction Book Essentials for General Electric AMH-4.76
User Interactive Presentation of Maintenance for Type AMH-VR 4.76 Replacement Circuit Breakers for AMH 4.76 Switchgear.
- Visual Instruction Book Essentials for ITE 15VHK-VR (Model 20)
User Interactive Presentation of Maintenance for Type 15VHK-VR (Model 20) Replacement Circuit Breakers for 15VHK-VR (Model 20) Switchgear.
- Visual Instruction Book Essentials for Westinghouse 50DH
User Interactive Presentation of Maintenance for Type 50DH Replacement Circuit Breakers for 50DH Switchgear.