- Controlled contact erosion results in long electrical life and maintenance-free operation.
- Hard contact material minimizes contact sticking in a vacuum and is ideal for high current applications.
- Atmospheric contact contamination is eliminated since oxides and corrosion layers cannot form on the contacts.
- Noise-free and flash-free as all arcing is confined inside the vacuum interrupter.
- Environmentally-friendly product since current interruption occurs in a vacuum and does not emit greenhouse or toxic gases.
- Low average cutoff current results in a minimal induced transient voltage spike so surge suppressors are not required.
- Vacuum dielectric allows contacts to be arranged closer together so circuit interruptions can be designed in a smaller envelope.
- Solid insulation increases external dielectric performance.
Eaton vacuum interrupters are used in circuit breakers in the most demanding electrical circuit protection applications to minimize damage caused by electrical overloads or short circuits.
Load break switches
Eaton vacuum interrupters are used in load break switches to connect and disconnect electrical load currents providing limited load switch capacity.
Eaton vacuum interrupters are used in reclosers to automatically open and close distribution circuits in response to transient overload and fault conditions.
Eaton vacuum interrupters are used in contactors in demanding applications that require a high number of operations switching a power circuit in electric motors, lighting and heating devices, capacitor banks, and the like.
Eaton vacuum interrupters are used in tap changers inside transformers to change the winding connections to deliver the required voltage.
Railway circuit breakers
Eaton vacuum interrupters are installed in the circuit breakers on top of this special locomotive to supply electrical energy to railway locomotives’ electric drive motors.
- 400 standard designs available in 40 electrical ratings
- Can be design and manufactured for specific customer equipment requirements.
- Contact geometries: solid butt, spiral TMF, axiel magnetic AMF, horseshoe
- Circuit breaker/recloser vacuum interrupters
- Diameters from 25 mm to 182 mm
- Load break switch vacuum interrupters
Questions About New or Existing Orders:
Valeri Lando - 607-796-3354
To Place an Order:
or email HorseheadsOE@Eaton.com
Sales Engineers (Product Selection, Pricing, Forecast Update, Samples)
North America: Carol Edwards - 607-796-3353
Asia, APAC, and Inter-company: Dora Chou - 607-796-3497
Rest of the World (ROW): Maarten Boom - +31-641065393