An arcing fault inside a switchgear assembly produces a variety of physical phenomena including sudden pressure increases and extreme localized overheating, which combine to destroy conductors, insulation, and enclosure parts. Eaton’s VCP-W arc-resistant switchgear 5-15 kV class is designed to protect operating and maintenance personnel from dangerous arcing faults by redirecting or channeling the arc energy out the top of the switchgear.
- VCP-W 5-15 kV arc-resistant metal clad switchgear design maximizes circuit separation and safety in a UL-listed construction per IEEE C37.20.2 and IEEE 37.20.7.
- Equipment carries a Type-2B arc-resistant rating in accordance with IEEE 37.20.7. This provides for arc-resistant protection around the perimeter of the switchgear even when control and compartment doors are closed.
- Component arrangements and drawers allow for easy access to critical system components.
- Numerous 1- and 2-high configurations tested to the latest arc-resistant standards are designed to optimize space savings.
- Relays and components can be mounted on the front of circuit breaker compartment door – saving floor space.
- Various bus tested and certified bust transitions are available, including connections to busway, medium-voltage motor control, and transformer connections.
- Exhaust plenum and duct system can be shared for systems where arc-resistant VC-W is closed coupled with arc-resistant Ampgard or metal enclosed MVS Switchgear.
- Through-the-door racking and through-the-door mechanical position indication is available in order to rack the circuit breaker into place with the door closed and latched.
- Direct roll-in circuit breakers are available in order to simplify the removal of ground-level circuit breakers (upper and lower position breakers are fully interchangeable).
- 36-inch-wide structure width is the same as standard non arc-resistant switchgear.
Loading Content..Please wait!