An arcing fault inside a switchgear assembly produces a variety of physical phenomena including sudden pressure increases and extreme localized overheating, which combine to destroy conductors, insulation, and enclosure parts. Eaton’s VCP-W arc-resistant switchgear 27 kV class is designed to protect operating and maintenance personnel from dangerous arcing faults by redirecting or channeling the arc energy out the top of the switchgear.
- VCP-W 27 kV arc-resistant metal clad switchgear design maximizes circuit separation and safety in a UL-listed construction per IEEE C37.20.2 and IEEE 37.20.7.
- Equipment carries a Type-2 arc-resistant ratings in accordance with IEEE 37.20.7. This provides for arc-resistant protection around the perimeter of the switchgear even when control and compartment doors are closed.
- Component arrangements and drawers allow for easy access to critical system components.
- Separate Control compartment is provided for relay mounting.
- Various bus transitions are available, including connections to busway, and transformer connections.
- Through-the-door racking and through-the-door mechanical position indication is available in order to rack the circuit breaker into place with the door closed and latched.
- Direct roll-in circuit breakers are available in order to simplify the removal of ground-level circuit breakers (upper and lower position breakers are fully interchangeable).
- 42-inch-wide structure width is standard for arc-resistant switchgear.
Loading Content..Please wait!