Eaton's MPCV Network Protector Relay allows utilities to select closing curves and take advantage of the relay's exclusive communications capabilities. It works with users' protocols or software from Eaton. Each unit can communicate information to a Data Concentrator/Translator over a shielded twisted pair communications wire. Each relay has the capability to communicate via DNP MINT and Modbus MINT, which can transmit MPCV data into customer SCADA systems.
- Access and display to information such as voltage, current, power, power factor, harmonics, and last trip offers the ability to make critical decisions based on complete data.
- Capture last trip information in waveform mode, which makes data easy to analyze using Eaton software.
- Auxiliary inputs allow operators to monitor other vault environment parameters such as transformer top oil temperature, water in the network vault, fire alarm, or network enclosure pressure, thus giving users Vault observablitiy for maximum reliability and safety.
- Ability to connect with SCADA communications systems via the VaultGard or DNP MINT Translator allows multiple device connections and provides a host of features that make the entire system more user-friendly.
- Available factory-mounted or easily installed in the field offers flexibility for numerous applications or conditions.
- TripSafe Monitoring and Protection Module adds enhanced surge protection to network protectors that are subjected to unusually extreme transient activity.
- Anti-pump algorithm, an Eaton-exclusive feature, trips and locks out a network protector per the parameters you select when the protector experiences a pumping event, thereby increasing the life of a network protector by minimizing pumping (rapid open and closing due to system conditions or mechanical problems) that can destroy components.
- Protective Remote Close, an Eaton-exclusive feature, enables a qualified remote close on lightly loaded Network Protectors, which removes the mandatory visit to the vault that most relays require.
- Patented Gull-Wing Trip Curve expands the traditional trip curve by 5 degrees to compensate for High X/R Network Transformer conditions.
- Enhanced sequence filtering algorithm provides exceptional performance and stability over a wide range of temperatures and voltages to ensure that noise or other disturbances will not cause nuisance tripping.
Loading Content..Please wait!