BushingGard Continuous Testing
Eaton's BushingGard predictive diagnostic online monitoring technology measures the capacitance and discharge current of high voltage condensing type transformer bushings while the transformer is in operation. Non-invasive, continuous testing provides real-time problem detection to prevent crippling transformer, circuit breaker or shunt reactor bushing failure. Monitoring may be remote or on-site.
- Suitable for use with any condensing type bushing found in transformers, circuit breakers, shunt reactors, etc. With the InsulGard, it can be used to detect partial discharge in systems above 38KV.
- All monitoring, necessary sensors, recording equipment and diagnostic software are non-invasive, which eliminates downtime and power interruptions.
- Self-operating system saves on labor costs because staff can now spend time solving problems rather than uncovering them.
- Remote monitoring services and on-site equipment evaluation provides expertise when you need it.
- Display panel shows an output signal proportional to the relative change in the bushings’ currents due to insulation deterioration, which means users receive accurate information for both the power factor and capacitance of the monitored bushing set.
- Multi-function LED is a different color for normal (green), warning (yellow), and alarm (red), providing instant recognition of the severity of any problem.
- Parameters can be programmed at the panel or remotely through an optional computer link-up, units are self-diagnosing, and users can pinpoint any malfunction locally as well as remotely.
- Self-contained unit requires minimum resources and outage time. Comes standard with NEMA 4 enclosure, diagnostic software, a three- or six-bushing sensor set, and with an RS-485 Modbus RTU port that allows on-site communcation. The complete package means faster and easier installation.
- Uses the same sensor set to perform online periodic monitoring of partial discharge (arcing or sparking). That information helps analyze root causes of internal gassing or other discharge activity related to the winding insulation, internal connections, bushings, or magnetic core iron.
- Highly sensitive instrumentation can detect PD signals as low as 20-30 pC even in extremely noisy environments like those in substations or power plants, which means accurate reports that allow for better decision making.
Loading Content..Please wait!
- Available with a commercial-grade modem for remote communication.
- Customized bushing sensors available with appropriate lead-time.