Eaton's K-Factor Transformers address the problems caused by non-linear loads and harmonics. They also compensate for stresses on a transformer’s winding insulation which prevents insulation breakdown and premature failure. The net result is longer transformer life. K-Factor Transformers are manufactured with the same high-quality construction features as other ventilated transformer products, including standard NEMA 2 Enclosures.
- Specially designed core and coils have reduced induction levels, resulting in a reduction in stray losses.
- Electrostatic shield reduces transient noise in the system which may affect sensitive computer loads.
- Reduced core flux density prevents core from saturation and overheating from voltage distortions caused by harmonic currents.
- High grade, non-aging, silicon steel with high magnetic permeability provides reduced core induction levels.
- Neutral bus sized and configured to accommodate at least 200% of the rated current compensates for increased neutral currents found in non-linear loads, thus reducing heat.
Loading Content..Please wait!
- Copper winding conductors and terminations