Harmonic Correction Unit
Active Harmonic Filters (Harmonic Correction Units — HCU) provide dynamic harmonic correction by actively injecting equal and opposite currents into the customer’s electrical distribution system that cancel the entire spectrum of harmonic currents at the point of connection. Typical applications include locations with large amounts of non-linear loads including 6- and 12-pulse PWM AC variable frequency drives, DC drives, as well as other switch-mode power supply equipment.
- Can be sized to guarantee specific levels of harmonic correction, such as meeting IEEE 519 recommended levels.
- Cannot be overloaded.
- Can be expanded without affecting performance.
- Broad spectrum of cancellation (2nd to 50th harmonic).
- Power factor improvement.
- Easier and less expensive installation.
- Comprehensive control.
- Fast action.
- 20 kHz switching carrier frequency, 8 ms full response time.
- UL / CSA approved.
- 208 – 480 V +/- 10%, 600 V with autotransformer.
- 50/60 Hz +/- 3 Hz frequency.
- Ambient temperature 0°C – +40°C enclosed.
- Seismic Zone 4.
- NEMA 1 and NEMA 12 enclosures available:
- Wall-mount (50 and 100 ampere designs)
- Floor-standing (300 ampere design)
- Output capacity — self limited to 100% current rated.
- Corrective capability — <5% TDD and near unity displacement power factor.
Note: Requires at least 3% series input line reactor ahead of each non-linear load.
- 2-line, 20 character per line alphanumeric display.
Loading Content..Please wait!