Brand History of Powerware

Powerware

  • In 1888 the Electric Storage Battery (ESB) Company is founded near Philadelphia and launches the first Exide (Exotic Oxide) battery in 1900.
  • In 1962, Exide Electronics, a division of ESB, began marketing Powerware uninterruptible power systems (UPS) and by 1989 it becomes a publicly held company that is later purchased by Invensys.
  • Powerware Corporation replaced the name Exide Electronics in April 1999, representing a move to more clearly identify its products and role in the technology industry, as Powerware is one of three basic, essential tools that make up the information technology system, along with hardware and software.
  • Powerware joined Eaton Corporation in 2004, meeting the organization's ever-growing need for power quality monitoring products and services.