DURAGAF™ Extended Life Filter Bags Can Improve Your Filtration Process and Save You Money
Why DURAGAF Filter Bags Last Longer
|DURAGAF filter bags have a unique design that delivers equal filtration performance with lifetimes 2 to 5 times longer than ordinary felt media bags. This means reduced operating costs due to less bag consumption, reduced downtime, and lower storage and disposal costs. The two charts at the right clearly illustrate the longer service life you can expect using DURAGAF filter bags in your application.|
DURAGAF filter bags are available in two extended life materials, polypropylene or polyester. These two materials utilize a fiber blend with a finer fiber diameter and a higher weight than ordinary media. The result is a dramatically higher dirt holding capacity at the same efficiency and differential pressure. Processes run longer and need fewer bag changes with DURAGAF filter bags.
All welded construction eliminates the bypass that can occur in standard sewn filter bags. Eaton's proprietary welding technology produces a super-strong seam that will stand up to the most demanding applications without failure. The SENTINEL® ring seal is standard on all DURAGAF filter bags. This pressure actuated sealing ring actually improves its seal as the differential pressure increases. To help prevent unwanted fiber migration DURAGAF filter bags are manufactured with a proprietary downstream surface treatment.
Food and Beverage Applications
DURAGAF filter bags are available in polypropylene and polyester materials that are compliant with FDA and EC requirements for food contact.
- Pinholes, inherent to the sewing process, are potential sources of bypass, thereby reducing bag efficiency. The side and bottom seams, as well as the SENTINEL® rings of POXL and PEXL filter bags are fully welded, thus eliminating this problem.
- The surface of the filter media is subjected to a special heat treatment. This unique treatment reduces the problem of fiber release, while retaining the required surface permeability.
- Increased media thickness enhances the area in which particles are trapped. As a result, a greater amount of particles will be retained.
- The use of micro fibers increases the void volume of the filter media – resulting in longer on-stream life
Extended Life Filter Bag Nomenclature
|Code||Material||Micron (µm)||Filter Bag Size|
|Code||Diam. (in.)||Length (in.)||Filter Surface (ft.2)||Maximum Rec.
Life FDA Grade
|PEXL||Polyester Extended Life||1/5/10
Life FDA Grade
*E = Polypropylene SENTINEL® ring H = Polyester SENTINEL® ring Z = Santoprene®
Key DURAGAF markets:
- Food and Beverage
- Chemical Processing
- Paints, Inks, Resins and Coatings
- Municipal Water Treatment
- Industrial Water Treatment
- Pulp and Paper
- Lubricants, Metalworking Fluids
44 Apple Street,
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
Toll Free: 800 656-3344
(North America only)
Voice: +1 732 212-4700
No. 7 Lane 280 Linhong Road,
Shanghai 200335, China
Voice: +86 21 5200 0422
4 Loyang Lane #04-01/02
Voice: +65 6825 1668
Av. Julia Gaioli, 474 - Bonsucesso
07251-500 - Guarulhos
Voice: +55 11 2465 8822
Auf der Heide 2
53947 Nettersheim, Germany
Voice: +49 2486 809-0
Internormen Product Line
D-68804 Altussheim, Germany
Voice: +49 6205 2094-0
Begerow Product Line
An den Nahewiesen 24
55450 Langenlonsheim, Germany
Voice: +49 6704 204-0
Products on this site may not be available in all regions. Please contact your local Eaton office to determine availability.