Airflex DC clutches and brakes are available in single and multiple disc designs. They feature a favorable torque to size ratio and low inertia friction disc assemblies.
- DC type elements are physically smaller than most other type clutches and brakes with the same torque capacity.
- DC elements feature a low inertia friction disk assembly which reduces the overall inertia that must be started or stopped.
- DC elements have an option for split friction disks which allow for removal of the friction disks without disturbing other components of the drive system in mid-shaft element arrangement.
- The DC element features a long wearing, self lubricating PolyPak seal which eliminates premature twisting failure and requires no external lubrication.
- Static Torque Capacities* Up To: 2,061,000 lb·in, 233.000 N·m
- Typical Applications: Power presses, tension brakes, emergency stop brakes on unwind stands, and clutches on metalforming applications.
- Standard Sizes: 109DC, 209DC, 115DC, 215DC, 120DC, 220DC, 320DC, 420DC, 125DC, 225DC, 325DC, 425DC, 138DC, 238DC, 338DC, 438DC