Airflex hydraulic clutches are wet friction clutches designed for use within a transmission. A transmission lube pump is generally adequate as a source of actuating pressure. The clutch hub is custom bored and keyseated for shaft mounting. Torque transfer from the driving to the driven member is accomplished by means of an externally slotted driven cup which engages external lugs on the driving disks. Friction material is of a sintered bronze type.
- Type AR is designed to provide maximum torque within a minimum space envelope.
- The actuating cylinder rotates with the clutch. Actuation is accomplished through internal shaft and clutch passages.
- Torque Capacities* Up To: 22,400 lb·in, 2.530 N·m
- Typical Applications: Synchronizing, indexing, speed changing, marine main propulsion, mooring winch applications
- Standard Sizes: AR 600, AR 800