Airflex hydraulic clutches are multiple-disc units available in stationary or rotating cylinder design. They are intended for use with a spray, splash or through the shaft lubricating system; where high speeds are encountered and a high torque/small envelope ratio is required. They are also suitable for air actuation.
- Type AS utilizes a bearing mounted, stationary actuating cylinder which permits a direct external connection to the clutch.
- The AS design eliminates any centrifugal head on the actuating fluid which could prevent clutch disengagement.
- Torque Capacities* Up To: 26,000 lb·in, 2.550 N·m
- Typical Applications: Synchronizing, indexing, speed changing, marine main propulsion, mooring winch applications
- Standard Sizes: AS350, AS450, AS550, AS600, AS700, AS800, AS900