More Go. Less Guzzle.
Instead of choosing between the fuel economy of a manual or the simple operation of an automated transmission, Eaton offers you the best of both worlds: the UltraShift® HV, a fully automated manual transmission (AMT).
For many medium-duty truck owners, shifting to a conventional automatic transmission also means increased fuel consumption. Not so with the UltraShift. The genius of its patented design is that it delivers fuel efficiency almost immediately – unlike traditional automatics, which can waste fuel until the torque converter “lock-up” occurs.
On the Long Road
When it comes to the UltraShift saving time and money, increased fuel efficiency is just the beginning. Its lower long-term ownership costs compared to automatic transmissions play a big part, too.
The transmission comes factory-filled with a full synthetic lubricant, which requires no changes of lube for 500,000 miles. No scheduled maintenance required leads to more time on the road and more money for your bottom line.
Conventional automatics require frequent filter and lube changes, ranging anywhere from every 150,000 to as often as 12,000 miles.
- Hill-Assist feature automatically minimizes rollback and roll-forward on grades from 3 to 10 percent
- Easy to operate with simple automated two-pedal design
- Park Pawl park position locks the transmission ensuring the vehicle wheels will not turn
* Results are based upon tests conducted by an independent firm in accordance with SAE J1526 “Joint TMC/SAE Fuel Consumption In-Service Test Procedure, Type III.” Assumes 30K miles per year in an urban setting, with fuel prices at $4.30/gallon. Your results may vary.
We're Thinking GreenUltraShift is the more sustainable choice for transmissions:
- Improved fuel economy
- Replacement is less frequent due to longer product life cycle
- No scheduled maintenance results in less waste in discarded filters and used oil
- Reduced mineral oil use with synthetic lube