Gear Selection Logic and low-speed maneuverability make UltraShift PLUS the smartest transmission for the job.
Through extended low and reverse gear ratio coverage, it provides the lowest ground speed for curbing, creeping, spreading, and paving. For highway construction and dump operations, it is designed with deep reduction and fast, flexible reverse gearing.
The patented shift logic and controls within every UltraShift PLUS constantly adapt based on changes in weight of load, grade, and power, making adjustments to maximize efficiency.
- Vocational Active Shifting (VAS)
- Vocational Construction Series (VCS)
- Vocational High Performance (VHP)
- Vocational Multipurpose Series (VMS)
- Vocational Extreme Performance (VXP)
- Fully automated two-pedal design (no clutch pedal)
- Electronic Clutch Actuator (ECA) provides smooth engagement
- On/Off-highway performance design
- Safety features include auto neutral and Intelligent Hill Start Aid, which prevents roll-back and roll-forward while launching on grades using foundation wheel brakes
- Automatic, Manual and Low modes offer driver full control
- Creep Mode
- Paired to the highest torque engines available today with torque capacities ranging from 1050 lb-ft (1424 Nm) through 2250 lb-ft (3050 Nm)
- World class startability and ratio coverage
Service / Troubleshooting
AutoShift, UltraShift, UltraShift PLUS Gen III Automated Transmissions (PDF, 23MB)
AutoShift/UltraShift/UltraShift PLUS Generation III (PDF, 50MB)
UltraShift PLUS Installation Guide (PDF, 7MB)
Customer Success Stories
Gibco Trucking: Aviation Fuel Hauler Soars Into Automation
UltraShift PLUS Vocational Series Transmissions
UltraShift PLUS Vocational Transmissions Reliability