Eaton meets the harsh and demanding environments of the mining and minerals processing industry with reliable products and solutions designed to operate in these challenging applications. Our unique approach to managing the power system as a strategic, integrated asset provides enhanced safety for workers and a power system that is more reliable, efficient and safe.
- Harsh Duty Cycle Component Solutions - Our components offer high mechanical duty cycle ratings with a wide range of capabilities to flexibly plug and play with not only Eaton components, but with other suppliers’ control components as well. Eaton also offers a variety of customizable power backup systems to keep the mining control and information centers operating continuously through utility power brownouts and blackouts.
- Meeting Multiple Global Standards - Eaton’s globally certified components offer the ability for one global design with just one part number, enabling cost-effective operation over the total life cycle of the product.
- Customized, Cost-Effective Assembly Solutions - Custom equipment can be integrated to perform a wide range of control and automation functions. And, Eaton’s electrical business was first in offering the Integrated Facilities System concept, a totally integrated power control and management solution shipped in one enclosure, configured and pre-tested for quick installation and commissioning.
- Aftermarket Service Solutions - Eaton’s Electrical Services and Systems (EESS) team is available to not only support the design and testing of your electrical equipment, but for installation, commissioning, maintenance and aftermarket-upgrade of your equipment in the field - whether your equipment utilizes Eaton components or components from other manufacturers.
- Focus on Personnel & Environmental Safety - Eaton's electrical protection components also offer arc-fault reduction capabilities that dramatically reduce exposure to electrical shock and arc-flash safety hazards, as well as reduce the possibility of explosions within mines. Power distribution equipment can be safe-locked with arc-flash reduction capabilities as well.
|Eaton’s Electrical Services & Systems (EESS)
Eaton’s Electrical Services & Systems team of engineers offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life - design, build and support.
|Systems analysis and design
Eaton engineers create a comprehensive view of the entire power system. With that information, flexibility is strategically built into the system, so that the power system can adapt to changing requirements.
Eaton engineers identify wasteful patterns in total energy consumption from all sources - electricity, steam, gas and compressed air - and recommend more efficient solutions to reduce overall energy use.
Eaton offers training for workers to teach them how to spot danger and avoid it. With this knowledge, workers can do a better job of protecting themselves.
|Arc flash hazard analysis
This service identifies places in the power system where there’s risk of an arc flash. Once the dangers are known, they can be managed.
Installation of a modern Eaton system offers improved system service, plant availability and plant operation costs. This turnkey approach enhances the protection of generators and turbines - saving millions of dollars.
|W-VACiMB medium voltage mining breakers
Designed for use where space is at a premium, the new W-VACiMB is ideal for restricted access locations, power houses, and other low profile areas typical of the mining industry.
|ANSI Low Voltage Control Assemblies
Designed to operate machinery, industrial processes, and commercial building systems, Eaton's ANSI Low Voltage Control Assemblies offer the best method for grouping motor control, associated control, distribution equipment and industrial communications.
|Arc-resistant Low Voltage Switchgear - Power Xpert CX
Withdrawable switchgear for distribution and motor control in form 3b and 4b, up to 480 V, 4000 A.
|Medium Voltage Primary Switchgear - Power Xpert UX
Eaton's new Power Xpert UX range of compact air insulated medium voltage switchgear with withdrawable vacuum circuit breakers and fully insulated busducts leads the industry in safety, reliability, performance and sustainability. UX includes Eaton's new W-VACi vacuum interrupters with diffuse discharge.
|Medium Voltage Secondary Switchgear - FMX
Compact metal-enclosed single busbar, solid- and air-insulated switchgear with fixed vacuum interrupters, up to 24 kV, 2000 A.
|Medium Voltage Secondary Switchgear - SVS
Metal-enclosed, epoxy resin insulated switchgear with fixed vacuum circuit-breakers or load-break switches, up to 24 kV, 630 A.
|Medium Voltage Ring Main Units – Xiria
Metal-enclosed SF6-free ring main units with fixed vacuum circuit-breakers or load-break switches, up to 24 kV, 630 A.
|Medium Voltage Drives SC9000
Eaton’s Ampgard SC 9000 medium voltage adjustable frequency drives combine innovative technology with reliable design and construction. Designed for use with induction or synchronous motors at 2400 to 4160V up to 5750 HP, the Ampgard SC 9000 delivers maximum while being known as the smallest medium voltage drive in the industry.
Innovative InsulGard technology guarantees extremely accurate detection of partial discharges. InsulGard is the first predictive maintenance system that can prevent a forced outage and demonstrably increase the reliability of systems.
Loading Content..Please wait!