Arc Resistant Metal Clad Switchgear VC-W
An arcing fault inside a switchgear assembly produces a variety of physical phenomena including sudden pressure increases and extreme localized overheating, which combine to destroy conductors, insulation, and enclosure parts. Eaton’s VC-W arc-resistant switchgear (5-15 kV class or 27-38 kV class) protects operating and maintenance personnel from dangerous arcing faults by redirecting or channeling the arc energy out the top of the switchgear.
- VC-W 5-15kV Arc resistant metal clad Switchgear provides maximum circuit separation and safety in a UL listed, construction per IEEE C37.20.2, and IEEEC37.20.7.
- Equipment carries type 2B arc resistant ratings in accordance with IEEE C37.20.7. This provides for arc resistant protection around the entire perimeter of the switchgear even when control compartment doors are opened.
- Component arrangements and drawers allow for easy access to critical system components.
- Numerous 1- and 2-high configurations tested to the latest arc resistant standards offer up to 50% floor space reduction over previous designs, creating optimal space savings.
- Ability to mount relays and components on the front of circuit breaker compartment doors can help increase floor space savings of complicated systems by reducing the number of dedicated control compartments.
- Various bus tested and certified bus transitions are available, including connections to busway, medium voltage motor control, and transformer connections.
- Exhaust Plenum and duct system can be shared for systems where Arc Resistant VC-W is closed coupled with Arc Resistant Ampgard.
- Through-the-door racking, and through-the-door mechanical position indication is available in order to rack the circuit breaker into place with the door closed and latched.
- Direct roll-in circuit breakers are available in order to simplify the removal of ground level circuit breakers (upper and lower position breakers are fully interchangeable).
- 36" inch wide structure width is the same as standard non arc resistant switchgear.
- Integral remote racking
- Lifting pans
- Universal power racking
Loading Content..Please wait!