Eaton's InsulGard solution measures partial discharge activity in medium voltage equipment to provide advance warning about the wellness of electrical insulation, thus enabling users to make better decisions about managing electrical assets and increasing safety for plant personnel. Predicting electrical problems can prevent shutdowns and the resulting potentially catastrophic losses.
- Continuous, online monitoring means no need to schedule downtown for periodic maintenance and testing, which means lower labor costs and no interruptions in power.
- By non-invasively predicting potential problems and enabling early intervention, it maximizes uptime and can double equipment lifespan for the following: generators, motors, switchgear, unit substation dry-type transformers, bus duct, and cable connections.
- Use the Power Xpert Tool Kit to integrate with Eaton's Power Expert software and Multiple Communication Options to integrate it with your Building Management System.
- Continuous operation provides more accurate, reliable data and thus eliminates the risk of failures occurring between periodic test events.
- Advanced filters and three noise algorithms provide clarity in the PD signal, which leads to quicker and easier diagnostics.
- Thanks to our sensitivity range (1-20 MHz), our standard coupling capacitor sensor provides greater coverage of the stator winding in motors and generators.
- Optional RTD module takes advantage of a third PD sensing technology that dramatically increases the coverage of the stator winding for maximum coverage.
Loading Content..Please wait!