* We are a world of people on the go. It’s almost miraculous the speed at which we’re able to move—across town, across the country, around the world. Whether by rail, by road or by air, it’s suddenly possible to pass between time zones almost as easily as we arrange rides on our smartphones.
Transportation drives the global economy with thousands of interdependent systems working together to ensure that the world’s never-ending flow of goods and services and people is always working. From the loading dock to the expressway. On the jetway. And at every stop along the track.
But what matters most is making sure that all of it all happens reliably, efficiently and safely. And Eaton is there every step of the way, enabling the critical technologies that make transportation work.
See how Eaton is ensuring that the world’s never-ending flow of goods, services and people never stops.
* Every day, millions of people take to the road, driving to work—and for work. We’re bound for vacations, headed to lunch, getting children to school and running errands. While businesses stay busy making sure shelves are stocked, raw materials arrive just in time and pallets and packages are delivered to on schedule.
That’s why Eaton is on the road too, helping passenger cars and commercial vehicles perform better, every trip they take. Whether it’s with advanced engine air management or transmission solutions that improve fuel economy, or fuel emissions systems that contribute to a better environment—Eaton technologies are behind the scenes, mile after mile.
Eaton’s not just on the roads, we’re helping build and maintain them as well. Enabling the construction vehicles that pave the way to where you’re going with pumps, motors and valves to keep them running reliably. And our advanced LED streetlights shine brightly overhead to guide you safely home.
Maria loves to hike and go scuba diving.
Whether it’s transmissions, superchargers, valves or electrical components, the products we make at Eaton are integral to helping vehicles perform better—and I think that really connects us to the community and the world.
—Maria, Senior product development engineer, Vehicle business
For over a century, Eaton has supplied highly engineered products that help increase fuel economy and improve vehicle efficiency, performance and control.
Whether a vehicle covers 50 or 500 miles a day and makes 5 or 50 stops, it needs to handle the stress of constant use. Eaton technologies offer reliable operation, greater operator comfort and productivity and better fuel efficiency mile after mile.
From building new roads to rebuilding highways, Eaton products help pave the way. For 60 years, Eaton has provided road-worthy pumps, motors, valves and components for hardworking construction vehicles everywhere.
* From Grand Central in New York to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in Mumbai, train stations worldwide are hubs of near constant activity. Railroads are often one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to get from one city or country to the next, with more than one million miles of railroad track crossing the countryside worldwide.
At Eaton, we're dedicated to making railroad infrastructure more intelligent, reliable and resource-efficient. Helping build and upgrade terminals so passengers can get on board and on their way. All along the track, our advanced signaling and controls help improve railroad efficiency and safety. We're also working underground, helping to power modern day marvels of engineering, in subway and transit systems from Stockholm to Beijing, to keep commuters moving—and cities growing.
Onboard, rail operators count on Eaton to keep passengers on the train safe and comfortable, even when they're traveling hundreds of kilometers per hour. Whether it's advanced hydraulics with active tilt technology, power distribution and conversion, or even remote control and wireless systems to improve communications, we're helping keep every trip safe and on schedule.
Delphine loves winter sports, like snowboarding.
I’m proud to be a part of the future of mobility. We're improving energy storage, helping with de-carbonization and digitization and always thinking about how to create flawless journeys for passengers.
—Delphine, Mobility segment manager – Europe, Middle East and Africa
Powering the rail industry means helping our customers build better and safer trains, and enabling railway operators to be more competitive. At Eaton, we’re energizing a sustainable rail industry with solutions that improve safety, drive profitability and maximize reliability.
Stockholm's Trafikverket’s City Line project, which includes a new six-kilometer tunnel to increase commuter capacity, needed to allow for easy future expansion and eliminate undue risk. Eaton switchgear, with its modular design and proven track record, delivered.
Our electro-hydraulic tilting system pinpoints a train’s exact position on the track and anticipates tilt on approaching bends, to offer a smoother transition for better passenger comfort at higher speeds.
* Air travel is truly taking off. In 2015, nearly 3.5 billion took to the skies and, since then, the number of passengers has only increased as the world's rapidly increasing and highly mobile middle class heads off for holidays and vacations. Today, global companies cross countless borders—and so do their employees, hopping flights from Singapore to Pune and Zurich to Pittsburgh.
From the moment you start your travels, Eaton is working hard to improve every aspect of the flight. Powering the vast data centers that issue your e-tickets. Lighting the runways and taxiways that guide your plane safely to take off and touch down. And powering the systems that energize the terminals, from the ticketing counters to baggage claim.
On the tarmac and in the air, Eaton technologies enable hundreds of the essential tasks that make air travel possible. From the couplings and nozzles the ground crew uses to fuel the plane, to the advanced hydraulics systems on the landing gear and in wing flaps. All the way to the onboard fuel systems, motion control and engine solutions that help make flights safer, more reliable and more efficient.
Brian likes coaching and mentoring others.
The quality and reliability of what we build has a direct impact on people getting where they're going safely. We're always mindful of that as we do our daily jobs at Eaton.
—Brian, Regional supply chain manager, Aerospace business
Known for superior durability and reliability, in an industry that’s governed by stringent specifications, Eaton airfield lighting solutions are innovatively designed for the exacting needs of the industry.
* From departure to destination, and every leg of the journey in between, we know that power is a fundamental part of getting where you need to be. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because that’s what really matters. And we're here to make sure it works.