Vehicle Link Adapters
ServiceRanger supports the TMC RP-1210 standards for vehicle communications. The following is a list of vehicle link adapters that have been tested with ServiceRanger and are approved for ECU reprogramming. If your adapter is not in the list, there may be a compatibility issue or Eaton has not completed testing for that particular adapter.
- Note: Never use a wireless adapter for ECU programming. Damage to an ECU from using an adapter that has not been approved can result in a void of warranty.
Approved RP1210A Adapters for ServiceRanger version 2 and 3
These adapters support both J1708\J1587 and J1939 communications required for ServiceRanger 3.
- NEXIQ: USB-Link* (P/N 125032) *Special Offer: NEXIQ USB-Link order info for ServiceRanger users
- Dearborn: DPA 4+Plus (P/N DG-DPA4PLUS)
Note: Incorrect ServiceRanger 3.x data link settings can result in loss of ECU communication. Communication loss during a download attempt may result in the ECU being “stuck in programming mode”. Proper setting of each data link connection is required to ensure reliable and stable communication. Click here to view adapter settings.
Approved RP1210A Adapters for ServiceRanger version 2
- Dearborn Group: DG-DPA-II+
- Caterpillar: CAT Adapter II
- Eaton: MD-100 (RS-232 connection only, not wireless)
- Noregon: JPRO Serial Link Adapter
- NEXIQ: MagiKey™ Parallel Data Module* (PDM) info
Approved RP1202 "pass-thru" Adapters (required for Gen I AutoShift® Programming)
The following is a list of RP1202 compliant vehicle link adapters that support "pass thru" mode, which is required to program Gen I AutoShift transmissions:
Serial (RS-232) Port to J1708*
- Dearborn: DPA II+ / T
- **Cummins: Inline I, model 3824938 (Windows 95™ only)
- **Volvo: Adapter, model 9998555 (Windows 95™ only)
- **Generic J1708/RP1202 adapters (Windows 95™ only)
*Cannot use Serial to USB adapters with RP-1202 communications.
** Intended to be used with the Eaton Serial Communications Driver which is limited to PC’s running Microsoft ® Windows 95™ only.