Vehicle Link Adapters
ServiceRanger complies with the SAE Surface Vehicle Recommended Practices for J1587 and J1939 vehicle communications, as well as the communication standards as defined by the Truck Maintenance Council (TMC) recommended practice RP1210-B for vehicle link adapter communications.
ServiceRanger requires the use of a vehicle adapter that is RP1210B compliant and has device drivers that are compatible with the computers operating system and external communications ports (ie: USB, Serial, etc.). Contact your communication adapter manufacturer for information on driver installation, as well as operating system and ServiceRanger compatibility questions.
Approved Communication Adapters for ServiceRanger 4
The following is a list of vehicle link adapters that have been tested with ServiceRanger and are approved for ECU reprogramming.
- DPA 4 Plus (Required to have driver version 1.33 or newer)
- DPA 5 (Required to have driver version 1.33 or newer)
- JPRO DLA+ (Required to have driver version 184.108.40.206 or newer)
- JPRO DLA+ Wireless Adapter (Required to have driver version: 220.127.116.11 or newer)
- JPRO DLA+ PLC Adapter (Required to have driver version: 18.104.22.168 or newer)
- Inline 6 (Required to have driver version:22.214.171.124 or newer)
Note: Never use a wireless adapter for ECU programming. Damage to an ECU from using an adapter that has not been approved can result in a void of warranty.
The following is a list of approved RP1210A communication adapters that can be used with ServiceRanger 2:
Approved RP1210A Adapters for ServiceRanger 2
- Dearborn Group: DPA-II Plus
- Caterpillar: CAT Adapter II
- Eaton: MD-100 (RS-232 connection only, not wireless)
- Noregon: JPRO Data Link Adapter - Serial port
- NEXIQ: MagiKey™ Parallel Data Module* (PDM)
Generation 1 AutoShift programming
The following is a list of approved communication adapters for Generation 1 AutoShift® programming (RP1202 "pass-thru" adapters): *
- Dearborn: DPA II+
- Cummins: Inline I, model 3824938 (Windows 95™ only) **
- Volvo: Adapter, model 9998555 (Windows 95™ only) **
- Generic J1708/RP1202 adapters (Windows 95™ only)**
*Cannot use Serial to USB adapters with RP-1202 communications.
** Intended to be used with the Eaton Serial Communications Driver which is limited to PC’s running Microsoft ® Windows 95™ only.