Eaton® Hybrid School Bus Increases Fuel Economy up to 30 Percent and Reduces EmissionsEaton's proven hybrid electric system provides up to 30 percent improvement in fuel economy and significantly reduces emissions while maintaining drivability. It's well suited for the daily stop-and-go duty cycles of a standard school bus. And with the addition of Eaton's unique Hill Start Assist technology, school districts have an added level of safety and security.
Eaton’s hybrid electric system is well suited for the daily stop-and-go duty cycles of a standard school bus.
- Eaton automated transmission with a parallel hybrid system incorporating an electric motor/generator located between an automated clutch and input of the transmission
- Using Eaton’s patented hybrid system controls, the system recovers and stores energy normally lost during braking into batteries.
- When electric torque is blended with engine torque, the stored energy is used to improve fuel economy.
- Regenerative braking recharges batteries leading to reduced braking and engine wear.
- Parallel hybrid system means the diesel powertrain remains fully functional in the unlikely event the hybrid drive unit goes offline.
* Dependent on duty cycle, driver behavior, weight and operating conditions.