More fuel efficient than torque converter automatics and more serviceable than any other competitor.
UltraShift PLUS employs grade sensing, weight computation and driver throttle commands to make intelligent shift decisions for reliability and performance. The system automatically selects the appropriate starting gear and makes all shift decisions based on grade, vehicle weight, engine torque and throttle position –skip shifting when appropriate.
And, the UltraShift PLUS provides a new level of integration with engine, truck and drivetrain components to give you the optimal mix of performance and economy. Each unit can be customized for its unique operational needs.
- Linehaul Active Shifting (LAS)
- Multipurpose High Performance (MHP)
- Multipurpose Extreme Performance (MXP)
- Fully automated two-pedal design (no clutch pedal)
- Electronic Clutch Actuator (ECA) provides smooth engagement
- On/Off-highway performance design
- Safety features include auto neutral and Intelligent Hill Start Aid, which prevents roll-back and roll-forward while launching on grades using foundation wheel brakes
- Automatic, Manual and Low modes offer driver full control
- Creep Mode
- Paired to the highest torque engines available today with torque capacities ranging from 1450 lb-ft (1966 Nm) through 1850 lb-ft (2508 Nm)
- World class start-ability and ratio coverage
The Downside of Alternative Transmissions: