Performance - Pure Sine wave vs Modified Sine wave
- Many AC appliances like motors and fluorescent lights do not function utilizing a modified sine wave inverter. A true sine wave will power virtually any electronic device.
- The main advantage of a modified sine wave is lower cost inverter circuitry which provides less for the user.
- Modified sine wave inverters are less efficient in providing power and as a result may shorten the life of your electrical components.
- Eaton inverters come standard with a Low voltage disconnect switch. If you buy one separately they can cost as much as $100 plus labor of installation.
Reliability & Safety
- Truck Vibration -Eaton inverters are one of the very few inverters to meet SAE J1455 vibration testing.
- Eaton inverters are UL 458 certified, many are not.
- Eaton provides a two year warranty for truck sleeper cab applications that use Eaton approved wiring harnesses. Non-truck application warranty is one year.