- System Voltage: 120, 120/240, 120/240 volts Y
- Rating: 175 volts*
- System Voltage: 240, 480, 600 volts
- Rating: 650 volt*
- System voltage: 2.4 kV∆, 6kV Rating*
- System voltage: 4.16Y/2.4 kV, 11 kV Rating*
- System voltage: 4.8 kV∆, 11 kV Rating*
- System voltage: 8.32Y/2.4 kV, 15 kV Rating*
- System voltage: 6.9 kV∆, 15 kV Rating*
- System voltage: 12.47Y/7.2 kV, 15 kV Rating*
- System voltage: 13.2 kV∆, 15 kV Rating*
- System voltage: 14.4 kV∆, 15 kV Rating*
*An arrester rating represents the maximum line-to-ground voltage to which the arrester should be subjected. Since surge arresters are inherently sensitive to overvoltages, they should never be subjected to 60 Hz voltages above their rated voltage, even during momentary abnormal conditions. If such a condition is likely, a special system study may be necessary, and a higher rated arrester
may be required.
VariSTAR Storm Trapper secondary class MOV surge arrester
- 175-Volt arresters: The 175-volt arrester is designed for single-phase 120-volt applications. It is available as single-, double-, or triple-pole for two-, three-, or four-wire systems.
- 350-Volt arresters: The 350-volt single-pole arrester is designed for individual application at single voltage source installations with line-to-ground voltages greater than 175 volts and less than 350 volts. The 350-volt two-pole device is designed for common three-wire 480/240 volt applications. The 350-volt three-pole unit protects motors and other equipment on three-phase systems which can have a number of system voltages between 175 and 350 volts.
- 650-Volt arresters: The 650-volt arrester is designed for commercial/industrial applications where the line-to-ground system voltage is greater than 350 volts, but not more than 650 volts