Date: April 23, 2018
HANOVER, GERMANY — At this year's Hanover Fair (C71, Hall 11), power management company Eaton will demonstrate an array of practical applications to enable machine builders, industrial building owners and grid operators to take advantage of the opportunities created by the Internet of Things and the energy transition.
Under the theme of integrated industry technologies, Eaton will showcase cloud enabled electrical and hydraulic systems for more efficient, safe and intelligent machines. Highlights on the stand include:
- A virtual space with HoloLens technology so visitors can experience for themselves the integration of Eaton’s electrical and hydraulic systems
- An electro-hydraulic precision control machine will show how hydraulics have been networked via an intelligent SmartWire-DT module
- Several IoT ready hydraulic smart components for distributed intelligence and energy efficiency. Eaton’s AxisPro series of intelligent industrial valves feature software configuration, on board diagnostics and distributed intelligent controls. Additionally Eaton will demonstrate the new generation of Pro-FX 2.0 software for use with its AxisPro series
- Eaton’s comprehensive range of digital drives and switchgear for safe and efficient machine-building applications. Highlights include the new digital NZM circuit breakers, which have been equipped for convenient lifecycle management
- Intelligent automation technologies for controlling and operating small and medium-sized machines, which have been developed with Industry 4.0 applications in mind. At the heart of the technology lies Eaton’s new XC300 PLC which incorporates advanced IT security, including a connection to Eaton’s Predictive Maintenance Portal. Together with T-Systems, Eaton has developed an integrated system for safe and easy IoT entry
In terms of the energy transition, Eaton will showcase its latest offerings to help building owners and grid operators take advantage of the opportunities created by the shift towards a decentralized energy system. Highlights include:
- Eaton’s pioneering SF6-free medium voltage switching equipment used by industry and distribution grids. This is especially relevant now as the EU reconsiders banning the use of this extremely environmentally damaging gas completely in the coming years
- xStorage residential and commercial energy storage systems to help energy prosumers, reduce energy bills, provide backup power as well as valuable grid services such as frequency regulation
- Microgrid control system Power Xpert Optimizer which also enables increased sustainability and resiliency of power
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
PR Manager, Eaton EMEA
0207 608 4645